UN remoteheading an MCS2000

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

w5gm

UN remoteheading an MCS2000

Post by w5gm »

I just stumbled into a pile of MCS2000's.. Problem is they are all remote head. Can the remote head parts be removed so the head can attach directly to the radio?
alex
Administrator

Re: UN remoteheading an MCS2000

Post by alex »

Sure, you can do that easily.

What model are you looking to do? Model I, II, or III. The I will have different plastic, where a model II and III will share the same housing piece you need.

To take the plates off the radio, simply use a screw driver behind where the cable connects and the plastic joins the metal case. On the control head, you should see two ears which you can use to snap off the back plastic from the control head.

Once you get the new plastic, you simply put that on the front of the mcs 2000, and the control head will lock in to that. Model I's are much easier, as you can just pull the back plastic, and slide the head on the radio.

The exception to this will be the 110w drawers (UHF and VHF flavors only) which do not support non-remote head configurations.

-Alex
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
w5gm

Re: UN remoteheading an MCS2000

Post by w5gm »

Its a model3.. There must be 10 of them on feeBay now.. I hope I can shark one at a good price... I haven't seen any low cost one on FeeBay in a long time.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”