Is there an MCS-2000 which ONLY does Type 1 800 ?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Leadenwah

Is there an MCS-2000 which ONLY does Type 1 800 ?

Post by Leadenwah »

I tried to piggy back this question in the Astro forum which suggested obtaining an MCS-2000 for 800 Trunking Type 1.

Does or did Motorola produce a model of the MCS-2000 800MHz trunking radio which was Type 1 ONLY? That is, a radio which would not do Type 2 as well ?

Since I got robbed by member who is no longer allowed to trade here, I'm looking for an MCS-2000 with Model 2 control head. A fellow has one for sale elsewhere, but can't provide a model number and appears to be a mute in terms of replying to e-mail questions. He seem a little suspicious anyway, but just for future reference I wanted to know if I should beware of possible Type 1 only MCS-2000s out there.
bellersley
No Longer Registered

Re: Is there an MCS-2000 which ONLY does Type 1 800 ?

Post by bellersley »

I'm not sure, but even if there was, you could easily "convince" a Type II codeplug into it and you'd be all set.
Leadenwah

Re: Is there an MCS-2000 which ONLY does Type 1 800 ?

Post by Leadenwah »

Well, that is one way to approach the matter.

Thanks

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”