CDM 1250 Question

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

northstarfire0693
What radios do you own?: MTS 2000, HT 1250, MV

CDM 1250 Question

Post by northstarfire0693 »

I have a ribless cable that works great on my HT 1250, It also has the plug for the CDM radio....I have heard that you need a RIB for the CDM is this true

Thanks for the help
Josh
What radios do you own?: APX4K, XTL5K, NX5200, NX700HK

Re: CDM 1250 Question

Post by Josh »

the RIB-less cable should work, but you may get an EEPROM error on the screen after writing.

If you do, you can try to recover the radio by using the RIB and proper cable and it will probably work.

-Josh
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

it should work just fine. but if you have a remote head kit on it put the head back on the radio first.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
northstarfire0693
What radios do you own?: MTS 2000, HT 1250, MV

Post by northstarfire0693 »

Thanks I do not have a remote head on this unit. I have loaded up my HT 1250 with the cable with no trouble. The plug on the cable for the CDM is the one that goes where the mic is. I thought I read someware that you had to progran it from the back. I dont think thats true I should have the radio in my hands by next week so I will know by then.
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

I routinely program through the remote head all the time.
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?
jban
What radios do you own?: AS mob, ASIII, XTS/XTL

Post by jban »

Have several CDM1550LS+ units with remote configuration. I also program thru remote head with no issues.
John B
HumHead

Post by HumHead »

I have also programmed a large number of remote mount CDMs through the mic connector without a problem.

Two bricks to the Depot later, I now always program through the accessory connector.

You pay your money, you take your chances...
Amateurs train until they can do it right. Professionals train until they cannot do it wrong.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”