Slightly off topic - Motorola Intrac?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Primesite

Slightly off topic - Motorola Intrac?

Post by Primesite »

Can anyone point me to a resource for information, parts etc on this equipment? I just inherited (due to early retirement) control of a dozen or so microwave/trunked radio shelters using Intrac2000 as the reporting system for intrusion/fire/flood/hi-lo temp, etc. Motorola tells me it's obsolete, unsupported, non-Y2K compliant, etc. The want to replace it w/ a Moscad system, but their 'loose' quote of 40K/site makes me want to keep the old stuff alive a little while longer.
All assistance greatly appreciated.

-john
Al

Post by Al »

I'm in about the same boat as you are with the Intrac 2000 system. Mine is used for an industrial plant evacuation and gas hazard monitoring/control system. On my system, the FIU has been upgraded to a moscad, but the rest of the system is still Intrac 2000. Parts and pieces are still available(pulls from working systems), and documentation is still available. Email me for more details if you wish.

Al

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”