What is it?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

M1225
What radios do you own?: VHF M1225, Yaesu FT2800M

What is it?

Post by M1225 »

I have a radio here and it looks like a maxtrac but the head has or looks to have been switched on it to one that says radius. I have seen radios that look like it on ebay going as GM300s but the speaker has its own wires seperate with the rest. Tried both GM300 and Maxtrac RSS and no go. boards in the radio have dates on them from the late 80s witch let me to beleive it was a maxtrac.
The BEST money you will EVER spend on a radio system is on the ANTENNA and FEEDLINE!
jackhackett

Re: What is it?

Post by jackhackett »

Hmmm.. maybe Radius series? There is a series of Radius mobiles that use a different RSS than the GM300/M120 series, I think the RSS is called RADMBL.

Update: there's some info on them here...
http://www.repeater-builder.com/maxtrac ... index.html
Satelite

Post by Satelite »

Hello:
I have run across the Maxtrac LS series and they had the radius looking front on them.
They were the LTR trunking type but the radius line.
They took the LS program .
800 mhz radio.
Maybe thats what you have ?
What is the model number ?
Does it have the 16 pin logic bd ?
Satelite
M1225

Post by M1225 »

The model number has a few of the numers scratched off but here is what I can see D43--A7PA5BK. The board is 16 pin and has atleast 16 chanels.
The BEST money you will EVER spend on a radio system is on the ANTENNA and FEEDLINE!
Satelite

Post by Satelite »

Hello :
Well from my Maxtrac service manual it looks like from the partial model number you provided that it HAS TO BE D43MJA7PA5BK
No other m/n comes close so it must be a Maxtrac 45 watt vhf in the 32 ch cinfiguration.
If your seeing radio not supported or error 20 or 21 then your probably useing too old of a rss program version.
You would then need the version it was last programmed with or newer than the last it was programmed with.
Motorolas programs updated the radios code plug with the newer programs so the older ones wouldnt work if and when the radio saw a newer version.
What version is your Maxtrac program ?
Satelite
kf4sqb
What radios do you own?: I can't enter that much....

Post by kf4sqb »

Satelite wrote:Hello :
Well from my Maxtrac service manual it looks like from the partial model number you provided that it HAS TO BE D43MJA7PA5BK
No other m/n comes close so it must be a Maxtrac 45 watt vhf in the 32 ch cinfiguration.
If your seeing radio not supported or error 20 or 21 then your probably useing too old of a rss program version.
You would then need the version it was last programmed with or newer than the last it was programmed with.
Motorolas programs updated the radios code plug with the newer programs so the older ones wouldnt work if and when the radio saw a newer version.
What version is your Maxtrac program ?
Satelite

Unless I'm badly mistaken, not being able to use an older version of software after using a newer didn't come about until the 1225 series. With the Maxtrac RSS, the version of the RSS shouldn't matter unless your radio has features not supported in the older RSS. Even then, I believe you can still program the radio, you just can't program the newer features. Usually, a "model not supported" error means you are trying to program the wrong series of radio with the wrong series of RSS, like trying to program a GM300 with Maxtrac RSS, or trying to program a trunking model with regular RSS. The radio in question could be some sort of Frankenstien radio, say a Radius board in a Maxtrac chassis. I suppose it would even be possible to blank a Maxtrac board and reinitialize it as a GM300 using GM300 RSS. I know you can blank a GM300 and reinitialize as a Maxtrac.
kf4sqb "at" wetsnet "dot" com

Look for the new "Jedi" series portables!

Bat-Phone= BAT-CAVE (2283)

-.- .. ....- -.-. -.-- . .. ... -- -.-- -... .-. --- - .... . .-. .-.-.-
jackhackett

Post by jackhackett »

kf4sqb wrote:
Satelite wrote:Hello :

OR..... it could be a D43LRA7PA5BK.
Radius M214
40W VHF 146-174
14 Channel

edit: come to think of it.. this one wouldn't have a 16 pin board.. what's the board number for the logic board in yours?
Still, if you can get your hands on the radmbl rss I'd give that a try at reading it..
M1225

Post by M1225 »

Board number HLN9313A. The RSS is version R07.02.00a.
Satelite

Post by Satelite »

Hello:
Jackhackett could be right = I didnt think about the M214/216 line as to the model number.
But the radius number could be it as well.( Good point Jackhackett)
The M216 and M214 in the UHF version anyway did use the 9313 16 pin logic bd and id be willing to bet the VHF version does too.
But on the other hand i have also seen the M216 800mhz series with the 5 pin bd to.
Bet Jackhacketts right = You probably need the Radmbl rss.
Satelite
M1225

Post by M1225 »

Only thing that gets me would be the dates on the board 1988?
M1225

Post by M1225 »

So I guess my question now would be do I have the most recent version of the RSS?
jackhackett

Post by jackhackett »

Do you have the software for M100 series at all? The executable is called radmbl.exe
Look here under RVN4135A for more info.

http://www.repeater-builder.com/motorol ... -02-06.pdf

I don't think there were any version releases, this list doesn't show a version number.
M1225

Post by M1225 »

Yes I have the M100 RSS. Only problem Im having right now is running any of the older programs on my computer. I use dosbox for some of them but I cant seem to get much of the RSS to run in it. The M100 rss will not run in it either.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”