HT1250 pin out for accy port

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

firebuff17

HT1250 pin out for accy port

Post by firebuff17 »

Did a search and didnt come up with much.

Looking for a pin out for the accy port on the ht1250.
Thank you
Josh S.
VFF/EMT
WQEU232
HumHead

Re: HT1250 pin out for accy port

Post by HumHead »

Amateurs train until they can do it right. Professionals train until they cannot do it wrong.
firebuff17

Post by firebuff17 »

Thank you, I did find the first one but just didnt understand it at the time.

The pinout didnt really show what I was expecting to find.

I see they make a public service mic for the 1250, but on the pinout I didnt see anything for antenna extension?
Can anyone explain this.
Thanks
Josh S.
VFF/EMT
WQEU232
Lake Effect

Post by Lake Effect »

The antenna connection is the normal antenna jack but with an adapter that connects the PSM. RF doesn't connect at the side connector.

L.E.
HumHead

Post by HumHead »

RF is not available on the Professional Series accessory connector.

The Public Safety speaker microphones for the series use the most horrendous design to pick up their RF from an adapter in the antenna jack. If you search eBay or Google for "HT1250 public safety microphone" you should be easily able to find a picture of the misbegotten excuse for an attachment scheme.

There was a rumor of an improved design that would use the same adapter sleeve as the MTVA but, in general, I tend to steer clear of public safety microphones, and do not know if an improved design was ever actually released.
Amateurs train until they can do it right. Professionals train until they cannot do it wrong.
firebuff17

Post by firebuff17 »

Thank you.
Found the pics and does not look good.
What I didnt see fully, but think this is correct, Once you put the antenna adaptor on from the PSM you dont put the antenna back on the radio, you just use the antenna on the PSM.
If this is true than my plans went out the window. I was going to adapt an accy connector (if the antenna came out the side port) to connect to my vehicle mounted antenna so I can get better range while in vehicle. That way I didnt need to unscrew/screw the antenna every time which will eventually create bad problems. Didnt need for Tx, was only boosting Rx. Have an HT1000 and MVA that I have been using but just upgraded to the 1250 and as of right now have no need to keep the Ht1000 and MVA.
Thanks
Josh S.
VFF/EMT
WQEU232
HumHead

Post by HumHead »

There is a vehicular adapter for the HT1250 as well. It uses a band specific inline adapter sleeve that the antenna screws into. That may do what you want a little better although, by the time you spend the money for that whole setup, you may be better off with just adding a mobile radio.
firebuff17

Post by firebuff17 »

yeah, i saw the pics of the vehicle adaptor for the 1250 and it didnt look good either.
oh well.
Thanks for the info.
Josh S.
VFF/EMT
WQEU232

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”