MT2000 and Quick Call II

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

PTR-Jason
What radios do you own?: XTS3K,HT1550,PRO7550,HT1KMCS2K

MT2000 and Quick Call II

Post by PTR-Jason »

Hello all,

I am a new member here, and before I posted I did do a search and found out a little of what I needed, but not the answer.

I recently got a MT2000 to upgrade my HT1000 as I joined another Volly FD, so I needed for channels. I also wanted to enable the Quick Call on it by my radio place I took it to said that there was no option for it, I saw the screen and the only thing there was for MDC.

I have talked to a few people on here and one says that I may need a new controller, which I would like to avoid spending a lot on money on this radio. Another said that it can be programmed into the radio but it needed to be done by changing the code plug or something. How can I go about doing this?

I just bought an old laptop off of the bay along with the programming cable. I do have the RSS for it, so I plan on testing it out on my HT1000 before I try to use it on the MT2000.

If all else fails and I have to send the radio out, I will just program the HT1000 for the channels I need the most and set it for paging until I can get the MT2000 back.

Thanks for any help.
rescuer
What radios do you own?: APX7000, XPR7550, PR400

Re: MT2000 and Quick Call II

Post by rescuer »

I ran into the same problem a few years ago.

Me an another member had two identical MT-2000's, same model numbers, and only the last digit of the serial number was different. Could program Quik-Call II tones in his all day long. Mine, no luck.

I tried several different people that said they could program them in it, however done were able to. I ended up selling it and getting a different MT-2000. I have 15 different Quik-Call II combinations in mine. I have it programmed for different EMS tones as well as fire tones. When I work EMS , I can turn to the channel corresponding to the tone of the unit I am that day without problems.

Only thing I don't like is I can't have a Quik-Call recieve, with a PTT ID on the same channel.

I suggest looking for another one, and specifically asking if it does QC-II before you buy.

Good luck,
PTR-Jason

Post by PTR-Jason »

Thing is the person who I got it from said that he thought it would do QCII,

I also forgot to add that mine is a VHF, A7 model.
R02.00 Firmware
Model - H01KDH9AA7AN
According to the service screen on the radio, the S/N and Model number both match the label on the housing, so I am 99% sure it is not a parts radio.
Jim2121
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: A few! Most I sign out!

Post by Jim2121 »

are you looking in the right place in the rss? Main Menu, F4, F6, F3 Conventional Personalities, Options. On the right side, if you have the current rss? Mine will do 15 QCII...
I have an MT2000 A7 UHF
PTR-Jason

Post by PTR-Jason »

I do not have my laptop yet, so I can not run DOS on my Vista Laptop. I bought a eally old Toshiba off of ebay, just waiting for it so I can try to read the radio myself, but I think that my RSS is MTSX 06.07. I think I also have 06.04 or something also. When I get the laptop and my programming cable I am going to read my HT1000 so incase I mess anything up, it will be on the HT. I heard that the codeplug needs to be changed, and it is something above and beyond normal programming with the RSS. Which I was wondering how a codeplug is changed, is there software that I can get from Moto for it? I have no clue what I can or need to do to change it.
Terry_Glover

Post by Terry_Glover »

PTR-Jason wrote:I bought a really old Toshiba off of ebay, just waiting for it so I can try to read the radio myself, but I think that my RSS is MTSX 06.07. I think I also have 06.04 or something also. When I get the laptop and my programming cable I am going to read my HT1000...
Just to clarify some things for you;

You don't need (or really want) a "really old" computer for MTSX RSS 06.07, It works fine on newer Pentium I & II machines running Win95 or 98 booted to DOS. Your old Toshiba should work though.

You will not read the HT1000 with the MTSX RSS. HT1000 requires a completely different software called HT1000/JT1000/Visar.

Good luck!
Terry
PTR-Jason

Post by PTR-Jason »

Yeah I know the laptop has either Windows 95 or 98 in it, I am leaning towards 95. All i have is Vista at my house on both of our computers so I do not want to try anything on those.
Karfield

Post by Karfield »

I'm thinking you are dealing with a firmware issue. The last known firmware they had for MT2000 was 2.13 but they did not come out with new versions very quickly. When I started on them in 2000 they were at like 2.10 and has 2.13 when I left in 06. Also just an FYI if you or anyone else you know was to get a MT2000 with firmware of 1.11 they have an old MOSCAD radio and not all functions will operate correctly, however standard tx/rx will work fine.
PTR-Jason

Post by PTR-Jason »

Well I have been through the radio with the MTSX and am for sure there is not QCII on this radio. So either I will have to get it modded which I was talking to someone about that, or maybe seeing if I can trade my HT1000 and MT2000 for a MTS2000.

I was able to get the two tone tones for my other department so I programmed them into the C and D on my HT1000 and set that channel for Dual Call so now I have paging for both departments on the HT1000, but I lost about 16 channels and then some.

I need to get this fixed. AHHH. lol
Karfield

Post by Karfield »

I'm going to check my profile real quick but if you want to send me a template I can take a look at it for you. I've got a bit of time today so I should be able to get it back to you quickly.
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

Not every MT2000 will do QC-II. Yours isn't one of them I guess. As far as I remember, the MT2000 is not flashport upgradeable like the MTS2000. Unless some new firmware will bring QC-II with it, you are stuck with a non QC-II radio.
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?
PTR-Jason

Post by PTR-Jason »

Thanks, all, just an update, I was able to send my radio a member on here, and he was able to alter something to let it do Quick Call, without having to replace the CPU Board or anything. I am very happy, just waiting for a call to make sure I set it up right.

I have NO clue what he did to it, but it was able to get access to teh QCII in the RSS now, which I was not able to do before.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”