HT1250LS+ Programming 16 Trunked & Conv Freqs

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Microtech

HT1250LS+ Programming 16 Trunked & Conv Freqs

Post by Microtech »

I have a HT1250LS+ 16 channel radio. I want to use Conventional & LS Trunking channels. Under the Conventional Personalities colunm there is a potential to program a maxium of 16 conventional channels here. Under LS Trunking Personalites there is a potential for programming a maximum of 15 trunked channels here. Thats a total of 31 potential frequencies. If you do not define any of these in The "Personality Assignment To Zone" section no usable channels will be programmed. The "Personality Assignment To Zone" section has a maximum of 16 that can be programmed there--either Conventional or Trunked. After programming this you now have "Real channels programmed that can be used---but only 16 REAL channels-----This is my understanding of how to do the programming--am I correct? Is there a way that all 15 Trunked & 16 Conventional frequencies can be programmed for REAL CHANNELS?
Thanks for any/all help.
Al

Re: HT1250LS+ Programming 16 Trunked & Conv Freqs

Post by Al »

Have you tried creating another zone(for a total of two zones) and then assigning either a mix of conventional and trunked to each zone *or* assigning your conventionals to one zone and trunked to the second zone? Since the maximum zone size is limited by the number of positions on the channel selector(16 in your case) the second zone would be the only way to get everything programmed.
After you create a 2nd zone, then you'd have to assign a zone switching function to one of the front or side buttons.
Microtech

Post by Microtech »

After reading the reply I now see that MORE THAN ONE conventional,trunked or combination of can be a to a zone which is one of the 16 avalible zones with the selector switch. If I program say six conventional frequencies ( I thought you could only have 1 per zone)in say zone one--and don't program any other zones I see that only one position on the selector switch functions but when selected I can use the up down arrows to scroll to any of the six channels that were programed & select the one I want.
This answers my question
Thanks MUCH, AL
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

You cannot have LTR and conventional channels in the same zone.

The rotary knob can be changed from zone to channel select. Just be sure to change it for both conventional and LTR zones or you may see some undesired operation

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”