Maratrac Siren Info Needed.

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

dfc2

Maratrac Siren Info Needed.

Post by dfc2 »

Hello All,

I have a VHF Maratrac, I also Have the siren controller/switch box...., i tlooks like the one pictured in the maratrac photo in the batlabs gallery. It has a PC type connector ( small connector...15 pin???) on the end of the cable. is there a connector box, or something missing?

I have a maratrac siren box coming....similar to the spectra siren box, but says maratrac on it.. just as in the batlabs maratrac photo.... the questions I am having trouble figureing out is...

Is the siren box to radio cable a specific matatrac items, or will the spectra or x9000 cable work? is the connector for the siren setup have a 15 pin computer type connector to allow the switch to be plugged in? anyone have one? or have photo's of one to help me out?

I have heard the maratrac sirens can be stand along if needed... I have the VHF maratrac and thought I would use that instead of a vhf spectra, but If I am missing something.....parts...wiring??? I might as well go back to the spectra. ( we only have 3 channels...so the spectra vs the maratrac is no big deal... even though the spectra has more bells and whistles.. I don't need them.

Anyone have one they can take photo;'s of?

DFC2
kf4sqb
What radios do you own?: I can't enter that much....

Re: Maratrac Siren Info Needed.

Post by kf4sqb »

I don't have any photos or anything, but may be able to give you some insight. There isn't a "radio-siren" cable. There should be a "VIP-siren head" cable that goes from the VIP connector of the radio control head to the back of the siren control head, to route mic audio to the siren for the PA function, and receive audio to the siren for radio rebroadcast. I think it may also route switched B+ from the radio control head to the siren control head to turn the siren on/off with the radio.
kf4sqb "at" wetsnet "dot" com

Look for the new "Jedi" series portables!

Bat-Phone= BAT-CAVE (2283)

-.- .. ....- -.-. -.-- . .. ... -- -.-- -... .-. --- - .... . .-. .-.-.-

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”