What TX Settings Do You Use? XTS Series?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

W2WP
New User
What radios do you own?: /\/\otorola XTS3000

What TX Settings Do You Use? XTS Series?

Post by W2WP »

I am curious what settings you may be using in the CPS for XTS2500/XTS5000 or even the CPS for XTS3000 as far as settings in:

RADIO CONFIGURATION
RADIO WIDE
"TX Audio Control Per Mode"
(Note: interested in internal mic settings! Some setting may appear in CPS ASTRO25 R12.00and not in R05.02.00)

Are you using AGC?
If so what is Output? (0)
and/or Total set to? (6)

If you are not using AGC (and using Linear CPS R05.02.00) what do you have "Analog Fixed Gain" set for? (0, 3, 6, 9, 12?)

Are you using "Digital/Analog Balance"?
Are you using "Noise Suppression"?
If so Standard or Advanced?

There are so many TX audio options available just seeing what most people are using.

Thanks!
fireradio
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Various APX series

Re: What TX Settings Do You Use? XTS Series?

Post by fireradio »

For high-noise environments, Motorola recommends the following settings:

1. Analog /Digital AGC Automatic Gain Control: OFF
2. Digital / Analog Balance: ON
3. Noise Suppression: ON, Attenuation Level: "Advanced"
OSS
"Keeping public safety on the air..."
DPL

Post by DPL »

For (I presume) normal environments Motorola's recommended settings for AGC are enabled for digital, analog, and securenet; with "output" set to 0 and "total" set to 6. These are the settings I use on my Astro Saber and it sounds beautiful in digital mode and very nice (albeit with a noticeably processed sound) in analog.

I don't remember what I am using for the other settings that fireradio mentioned.
W2WP
New User
What radios do you own?: /\/\otorola XTS3000

Post by W2WP »

Thanks for the replies. Well doing some testing on Amateur repeaters and simplex is sounded very low in TX audio with AGC on. The TX Emphasis also makes a big difference. On my old xts3000 it sounded better with it on with the xts2500 it sounds better with it off........

With some help of others who were listening it sounded best with No AGC and the Output (Gain) set to 9 and no TX Emphasis. This is on Analog. On APCO-25 it sounds fine with AGC on Output 6.

Mark / W2WP

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”