Looking for Astro Saber repair.

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

maxjam

Looking for Astro Saber repair.

Post by maxjam »

I found a vhf astro saber ii with a problem that I am looking for pointers on.
when you turn it on, it says "self test" then goes to the regular display, however the battery, csq, secure, note, and
scan icons are on all of the time. you can select a channel and it will transmit/receive analog in A or digital in B.
the top side button doesn't do anything. bottomw button 1 makes is transmit and button 2 transmit a continous tone until turned off. Pressing the top left or top right button cycles you through "dsp msg", "tx power" "tx roc" "refosc" "tx bal" "tx dev" "dspdev" "vferng" "rx vfe" "squel " "exteesum" "config" "net num" "hstwarp" "dspwarp" "store ?"

It does TX/RX on the frequencies it has. I have been unable to read/write
Is there a Astro Saber guru that would be willing to take a look and discuss what it might take to make it usable?

Please drop me a PM.

thanks..
maxjam

Re: Looking for Astro Saber repair.

Post by maxjam »

Thanks for the replies, I have somebody willing to see what can be done with it.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”