To newly registered users: Welcome! Please read...

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

stressedsysadm
New User
What radios do you own?: Icom V82/U82, XTS3k UHF

Re: To newly registered users: Welcome! Please read...

Post by stressedsysadm »

Thanks for providing this great resource. It's certainly helpful to some of us that are still expanding our knowledge about the in's and out's of Motorola.

J
Highway
New User
What radios do you own?: Motorola,Kenwood,Gnrl Dynamics

Post by Highway »

New to the site but I already found valuable information on how to copy and paste code plug information from my XPR7550 to the XPR5550.
Nitetrain
New User

Post by Nitetrain »

Hi All, I'm Nitetrain and the official newest member at this point in time. I'm happy to be here. I'm looking forward to reading and learning. Such a great community with tons of knowledge. Thank you , and glad to be on board !!
ablitz

Post by ablitz »

Hello

I would like to move to regular membership I have a love for restoring test equipment and I would like to share my 40+ in electronics. Not many of us that worked with tubes.

ablitz

Hello...

Post by ablitz »

I have been reading the forums and I would like to participate. I have been working on electronics for over 50 years since I was a child. I now teach networking and Computer forensics. Hope to be able to become a regular member

Andy
kb8qdx
New User

Post by kb8qdx »

Hi Wavetar, I used to be on the site years ago and I either forgot my login or was purged from the system. Anyhow, I've built many repeaters and remote links with moto radios and used this site regularly. Don't know if you know N8NAP or not, but he was the one who pointed me to this site back in the mid 90's. He used to work for Motorola. That being said, if you can remember me being on the site or if I can use Ray as my referral, then would like to be released from the newb jail?? Thanks and if you don't remember or have a way to look up if I was in fact on the site, then I'll understand!! No worries if you can't at this time... Have a great evening!!
bstafford
New User

Post by bstafford »

I figured I should finally make a post after being a member for so many years and never posting.

For those who don't know, I've been around for a while, reading and just never posting here. No particular reason, just never have. Some older members may recognize me from p25/CS where I used to be a very active user but my posting has slowed down since its return. Any questions just ask. I'm not new to radios by any means and would like to finally contribute around here too, instead of limiting my posting to one board.

I'm not looking to jump right info the for sale/trade section, so I don't mind having to wait, although I do have many successful and satisfactory dealings with others on p25/CS.
labontef
New User

Post by labontef »

New french Canadian member. I'll try my best to be clear when I post something, but english isn't my first language.
I found the board by searching information about APX radio. I'm an electronics technologist, working with all sort of fun stuff and a lot of Motorola toys.
Willing to learn and share information with others.
rwjackson
New User
What radios do you own?: spectras, maxtrax, gm300,astro

Post by rwjackson »

Thanks for providing g sure h a great resource for motorola users. I've been lurking around here and batlabs for more than 10 yrs. Finally decided that I shold register and share my know ledge with those who seek to expand their universe. Look forward to persipapating!
Ray
YetAnotherMotoUser
New User
What radios do you own?: Research Line through XTS/L

Post by YetAnotherMotoUser »

I've been a "new user" for 7 years but I 've been around for a lot longer... my first Moto was an 80D in a '57 Buick, and my first base radio was a railroad base version of a 140D.
Back in the 1970s I built up a 12 frequency Motrac, and full duplexed a UHF Motrac... and repeaters.
Then I got married and diverted into computer networks and other distractions.
At one point I was taking care of over 85 medical offices in the southern half of California, and the tech trainer for several states.
Today I am semi retired but help take care of 47 channels of LTR and 42 channels of internet linked NXDN across 7 sites.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”