Motorola Photography

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

bwolski

Motorola Photography

Post by bwolski »

Lincoln Creative Group hosted a large database of Motorola photos for many years and was discontinued in April 2007. We still receive inquiries from Batlab members. Is there still interest in this photo repository? I'd like to hear from you.
txshooter

Re: Motorola Photography

Post by txshooter »

I for one would love to see that collection hosted again with some updates. It was a great resource of photos of older gear that many of the younger members here may have never seen or dealt with before.
Scott B.
"Never argue with seven men when you are carrying a six shooter..."
bwolski

Post by bwolski »

txshooter wrote:I for one would love to see that collection hosted again with some updates. It was a great resource of photos of older gear that many of the younger members here may have never seen or dealt with before.
Steve,
Good to hear from you. I understand Motorola has photography for Motorola dealers and wondered how the old site compared with what they are now offering.
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

bwolski wrote:Lincoln Creative Group hosted a large database of Motorola photos for many years and was discontinued in April 2007. We still receive inquiries from Batlab members. Is there still interest in this photo repository? I'd like to hear from you.
It would be great to see this site come back online. Do you work for Lincoln Creative? Get in touch with me by PM - I could probably host the whole library here.

Thanks,

Alex
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

I found it as a great refrenece for parts, Alot of times the Motrorola online site does not have pictures with the part or accessory. I used it quite a bit..
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

bwolski wrote:
txshooter wrote:I for one would love to see that collection hosted again with some updates. It was a great resource of photos of older gear that many of the younger members here may have never seen or dealt with before.
Steve,
Good to hear from you. I understand Motorola has photography for Motorola dealers and wondered how the old site compared with what they are now offering.
the new site has exponentially more material available, but it's poorly organized and the search algorithm doesn't work worth a *$#@
flecom

Post by flecom »

i can also offer space for hosting the gallery if alex cant host it here for whatever reason
Zack08

Post by Zack08 »

I have never seen the gallery because I never knew it existed! I'd love to see it back online.
wiscomm

Post by wiscomm »

The new gallery is online at - https://www.motorolacollective.com/

Not sure what the EULA is all about:

"Assets on the Motorola Collective are intended for advertising or marketing Motorola products. Assets are not intended for personal use. Usage and geographic use restrictions for each asset are provided in the asset's detail description. All users must read and accept the Motorola End User License Agreement prior to checking out an asset as well as comply with the Motorola Image Use Guidelines."

Not sure how cranky Mother Moto will get if non-dealers lift the images.

Craig
wkr518

Post by wkr518 »

Lincoln Creative was better.And also more responsive to Dealer inquiries about image formats and file types.
I wish they would come back.
nothing
wkr518

Post by wkr518 »

wiscomm wrote:The new gallery is online at - https://www.motorolacollective.com/

*snip EULA*

Not sure how cranky Mother Moto will get if non-dealers lift the images.

Craig
Well I registered twice for access and got denied both times.I guess even Dealers have to know the magic trick for access.
nothing
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

Im not a dealer. I do communications training for my FD and I told them I was using the artwork for some of my training of firefighters for using radios properly. No problems I was in the matter of 72 hours.
wkr518

Post by wkr518 »

Hahaha.Then I will try that angle too
Unbelievable
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

I got an inital denial as well, as I was not specific enough.

So, I said my local MSS dealer, along with Motorola Parts ID suggest the site and I Will be using it to help ID parts for ASTRO, ASTRO25, and data subscriber products. Was approved 12hrs later.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
mancow
Batboard $upporter

Post by mancow »

Oh my god. When will it end? You would think that anything Moto related is a State secret. Registering to look at pictures... :x

Sorry...
I'm over it.

Just had to rant.
wkr518

Post by wkr518 »

My third attempt at access to the collective site is in.
*fingers crossed*
There better be some good stuff in there.
nothing
t2k
New User
What radios do you own?: HT1000 (4), MT2000 (1)

Post by t2k »

"If you do not receive account confirmation within 72 hours, please contact dba-mot@widencollective.com"

I also applied. Here's hoping.
(4) HT1000s w/dtmf (vhf), (1) MT2000 (vhf) and counting.
wkr518

Post by wkr518 »

Mission accomplished.
The planets must have been inline.
nothing

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”