Stolen Radio: Los Angeles Area: XTS5000 UHF S/N 320CFZB727

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

stevejpage
New User

Stolen Radio: Los Angeles Area: XTS5000 UHF S/N 320CFZB727

Post by stevejpage »

On March 17, 2009 a Motorola XTS5000 UHF Range 2 Model 3 radio, serial number 320CFZB727 was stolen. The radio is engraved on the right side with ‘PASADENA FIRE’ and the rear portion of the radio’s housing (below the battery contacts) is engraved with the number 3800 (Pasadena City Asset Number).

The radio has been disabled in the Network Management System, so if you come across this radio or have any information regarding its whereabouts, please contact Deputy Roth at the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, 626-798-1131. Please refer to LASO Report Number 509-008630776-084. Alternatively, contact your local Law Enforcement Agency.

Any information that leads to the return of the radio would be greatly appreciated by the Fire Department.

Thanks for your time, and please feel free to forward this information on to anyone who might be able to help.
JPOPatents

Re: Stolen Radio: Los Angeles Area: XTS5000 UHF S/N 320CFZB727

Post by JPOPatents »

stevejpage wrote:On March 17, 2009 a Motorola XTS5000 UHF Range 2 Model 3 radio, serial number 320CFZB727 was stolen. The radio is engraved on the right side with ‘PASADENA FIRE’ and the rear portion of the radio’s housing (below the battery contacts) is engraved with the number 3800 (Pasadena City Asset Number).

The radio has been disabled in the Network Management System, so if you come across this radio or have any information regarding its whereabouts, please contact Deputy Roth at the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, 626-798-1131. Please refer to LASO Report Number 509-008630776-084. Alternatively, contact your local Law Enforcement Agency.

Any information that leads to the return of the radio would be greatly appreciated by the Fire Department.

Thanks for your time, and please feel free to forward this information on to anyone who might be able to help.
You might want to add the information here: http://www.genesisworld.com/GSRDEntry.h ... nformation

I hope that the LASO is agressive. We had a radio stolen in SF last September, and know exactly who has it, but the SFPD hasn't done anything.
Karfield

Post by Karfield »

Here is the link that the Depot most often uses to check on reported stolen radios. [url]http://www.genesisworld.com/stolen.asp[/url] There are ways to get Motorola to put in a serial alert for that radio in case it comes in for "repair". Especially if you have disabled it on your system.

Hope that helps
Jim2121
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: A few! Most I sign out!

Post by Jim2121 »

Looks like it was put in! Run the Serial no. http://www.genesisworld.com/GSRD_SRnum_ ... ial+Number
Messages can't be intercepted if they aren't sent, can they?
Erwin Rommel
Hightower

Post by Hightower »

Hopefully you didn't enter the serial # in NCIC as listed above - it's invalid!

XTS portables have a 3 x 3 x 4 ( 3 numbers - 3 letters - 4 numbers) serials.

If this radio does infact get found and run through NCIC, it won't return a hit

Psst, the 320CFZB727 should most likely be an "8"

Cop runs real serial # 320CFZ8727, and it's clear :o
stevejpage
New User

Post by stevejpage »

Thanks to all for the help and the PMs. We're still actively on the trail and at least we know that the radio is effectively a brick as it was turned on and it received the disable command at 11:37 am on the 18th.

On another note, we have a number of radios in our fleet that do not conform to the old serial number scheme. As we have purchased more and more radios, the 3-digit family code still stays the same, but the year/month code is supplemented with a letter for every 1,000 radios that they create past the first 10,000 in a particular month of a same family. We have 320CFZA and 320CFZB radios fielded (and a number in the office here) and the more we order, the more creative they will be on the serial numbers.
LAC-OPS
What radios do you own?: XTS5000 M3, APX7000 R2+V, XTL5

Post by LAC-OPS »

Re: the new serial number format

So do we. Plenty have 3 numbers, 4 letters, then three numbers..
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

I can confirm I've seen the radios that are 123ABCD123 as well.

-Alex
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
Jim2121
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: A few! Most I sign out!

Post by Jim2121 »

http://www.genesisworld.com/GSRD_STATE_ ... r+Province "State Where Radio Reported Stolen" and don't enter a city or state comes up with 805 hits -- from ALL Over the US & Canada .... using the browser edit & find by date brings up that days entries. I was told about that feature here in 2002... Like it says on the Notes on the above like: "If you click 'Run Query' with no State or Province, you will see all entries in the database." I just pass on the Genesis website like bat user "JPOPatents" already did. Hope something turns up Steve! regards Jim
Messages can't be intercepted if they aren't sent, can they?
Erwin Rommel
Karfield

Post by Karfield »

Now that the radio is a brick there aren't very many options for that unit to get re-enabled. I suppose there is a labtool floating around somewhere (other bat users would have to say that one). Main 2 ways to turn it on would be your system and the depot (thus my suggestion for putting in a serial alert at the big M). If they give you a hard time about it let me know I'm sure we can figure something out.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”