Saber Transmit Tone

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

zsh4811
New User

Saber Transmit Tone

Post by zsh4811 »

I apologize if this has been asked before, but I searched and couldn't find an answer to my specific question.

If a Saber is set up as conventional, programmed as secure with a PTT tone enabled, is the tone a simple 1/2 second beep, or is it the longer, 2-3 second sustained tone?

Excuse my ignorance (I'm a radio novice), but I'm planning on purchasing a Saber and getting it programmed, and I just want to know if this is something I should ask for or not.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Re: Saber Transmit Tone

Post by Tom in D.C. »

The Saber can do a four-digit ID data burst signal either when the PTT is operated or when it's
released. This is all selectable in the RSS setup. If your system doesn't require it you probably should not set it up. It will drive your friends crazy to the point where they'll all come looking for you and they won't have friendship on their minds.
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
N9LLO

Post by N9LLO »

Tone on unencrypted TX is a short beep

Chris
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Post by Tom in D.C. »

...which will also cause your friends to come looking for you with hatchets.
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

Tom in D.C. wrote: It will drive your friends crazy to the point where they'll all come looking for you and they won't have friendship on their minds.
Sshhh, I've convinced a friend of mine with a Saber II that the PTT hold tone is mandatory and can't be shortened or disabled. :lol:

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”