SN/SZ deaffialtion time?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

SN/SZ deaffialtion time?

Post by Pj »

Just curious, but how often does the radio need to talk to the TRS to remain affilated (if at all). Assuming that the radio does not move off the site or zone, change talkgroups or PTT et. Basically just sitting idle on a desk?

Does SN/SZ require contact intervals before it removes the radio's presense from the system or...?

Just curious.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
wavetar
Administrator

Re: SN/SZ deaffialtion time?

Post by wavetar »

Pj wrote:Just curious, but how often does the radio need to talk to the TRS to remain affilated (if at all). Assuming that the radio does not move off the site or zone, change talkgroups or PTT et. Basically just sitting idle on a desk?

Does SN/SZ require contact intervals before it removes the radio's presense from the system or...?

Just curious.
Yes, the system will 'poll' an inactive ID at timed intervals, and remove it from the affiliated list if it doesn't respond. The setting is called "Affiliation Inactivity Timeout" and the default is 12 hours.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
dxon2m

Post by dxon2m »

On a side note, is the removal annoucned over the control channel or not? I remember seeing something like "RADIO ID: 000123 Leave System" on trunker
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

dxon2m wrote:On a side note, is the removal annoucned over the control channel or not? I remember seeing something like "RADIO ID: 000123 Leave System" on trunker
Good question...I don't know. I can't think of a good reason why it would need to be announced...the other field radios wouldn't care.

edit - actually, now that I think of it, perhaps it does announce it so system monitoring tools like systemwatch could log it if need be. So probably yes.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Post by com501 »

System Watch does track that, at least on the two systems we maintain, so I imagine it does send that data from the controller. Whether it goes out over the air or not, can't say, as both our systems are hardline from SW to the site.
Twisted_Pear
Batboard $upporter

Post by Twisted_Pear »

In a sense it is sent out. You'll see the system "poll" the radio and when no affiliation occurs it's assumed the subscriber radio has left the system.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”