Waris Mobile (CDM Series) RMK Cable

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

MotoFAN
What radios do you own?: Approx. 50: Moto & Kenwood

Waris Mobile (CDM Series) RMK Cable

Post by MotoFAN »

Hi all!

I have a question about CDM Series RMK (Remote Mount Kit) Cables, like is RKN4078:

These RMKs uses non very common connectors 10P10C (aka RJ-50). They have 10 pins instead of 8 in usual Ethernet (RJ-45) connector.

I have a task where I need female panel mount 10P10C connectors or 3-8 port assembled panel with such connectors.

But I can't find them anywhere :(

Therefore I want to know, pins # 1 and # 10 actually used in RMK cables or no? If used, which signals they transfers?
I am biggest fan of XTS2500 and ASTRO Digital Saber.
MotoFAN

Re: Waris Mobile (CDM Series) RMK Cable

Post by MotoFAN »

8 pin (RJ-45) connector will not work, because pin # 1 (FLT_A+) ius used to supply power for control head.
jackhackett

Post by jackhackett »

MotoFAN wrote:8 pin (RJ-45) connector will not work, because pin # 1 (FLT_A+) ius used to supply power for control head.
You can use 8 conductor cable/connectors for the remote kits, as long as you don't need handset audio.
The outer two pins on the 10 pin socket are 9 & 10, not 1 & 10, so pin 1 is still connected.
Moto numbers the 10 pin connectors 10, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
MotoFAN

Post by MotoFAN »

jackhackett,

Thank you for interesting info!
as long as you don't need handset audio.
With 8 pin connector I will not be able to use audio accessories like is phone style headset?
bendsley

Post by bendsley »

Anyone know the max cable length for the cable when making a custom length cable. It appears to only be sold in 3, 5, 7 meter lengths.
Thanks,
Brent
Garyf629

Post by Garyf629 »

I have run up to 65' with no problems. I buy 10 pin connectors, wire, and tools from cablesandconnectors.com. They have a store front on the Berlin Turnpike, in Newington, Connecticut.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”