New Mic Wiring RMN-5068A

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Tron
What radios do you own?: Too many to list

New Mic Wiring RMN-5068A

Post by Tron »

Does anyone know right off hand if the above desk mic for Radius/Maxtrac, etc., has the Tx audio line switched w/the PTT switch or it is live all the time.

Tron
"Where the Old Soo crosses the New Soo, Duplainville, Wisconsin"
RF_Burns

Re: New Mic Wiring RMN-5068A

Post by RF_Burns »

Dip switch 1 controls the mic audio. ON=PTT controls mic audio OFF = Mic is live all the time.
Tron
What radios do you own?: Too many to list

Post by Tron »

Didn't know there were any switches inside of it. I'll have to open it up. Why can't /\/\ supply a schematic for it like they did in the past? I know, costs too much, etc...

Tron
"Where the Old Soo crosses the New Soo, Duplainville, Wisconsin"
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Tron wrote:Didn't know there were any switches inside of it. I'll have to open it up. Why can't /\/\ supply a schematic for it like they did in the past? I know, costs too much, etc...
I raised a stink about this and was told to go pound sand. The HMN3000s were field serviceable and an infinitely better mic than the RMN5068. IMHO the 5068s are crap.
Will

Post by Will »

All the desk mics since the metal ones have very poor audio quality and acoustics.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”