Help IDing a Micor...

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Tony.RI
What radios do you own?: HT1k, MT2K, Saber 3, XTS3k

Help IDing a Micor...

Post by Tony.RI »

Today, I came into possession of a few old Motorola and GM mobiles, mostly Micor's and Mocom 70's. One of the Micor's is different from the others. It has a BNC connector on the front: on the opposite side from the normal PL-238 connector. It also has some sort of receiver unit attached to it on the lid, and an expansion thing on the back. It's currently still in my truck, so I'll try to post pictures of it tomorrow.

Can any of you ID what that radio is for?
Lake Effect

Re: Help IDing a Micor...

Post by Lake Effect »

Going on rusty memory here, your description sounds like possibly a UHF Medcom mobile. I can't find an old manual at the moment, but as I recall the BNC was connected to an external receiver for the Apcor portable unit which was then repeated to the hospital by the Micor. The expansion on the back held a duplexer. Again, this is from memory and it has been years since I worked on one. I'm sure others will chime in and clear up some of my "rust".

L.E.
PETNRDX
What radios do you own?: Too many

Post by PETNRDX »

They made lots of "SP" versions of Micors.
The previous post regarding APCOR is a likely candidate.
The BNC could also be for a second receiver to "share" the antenna.
One RX was always on a dispatch channel.
The other channel was multi-frequency.
WA state patrol and DNR had some like this in the early 80's.
The extension (opposite end from the handle) often held additional channel elements (up to 12 ch)
or additional PL reeds.
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

Once you open it up and see if its has the elements for UHF 463/468 it most likley would be a medicom Micor.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”