Xts500/2500 Voice files

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

firemedic4

Xts500/2500 Voice files

Post by firemedic4 »

Is anyone using the voice files on the Motorola xts5000/2500 radios on a Public Safety Radio system? I have a few departments that what them in the radios but not sure if NFPA has a rule on how loud they have to be. Any help or this would be great.

Pm or Email is fine also
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Re: Xts500/2500 Voice files

Post by Pj »

I don't believe there are any rules. If your on channel 2, your on channel 2, etc etc.

IIRC the voice announcement works off the same rules as the alert tones...so its adjustable via volume or fixed.

I used them via the AT&T text to speech converter, and it worked alright. After awhile it got annoying for some daily use.

Be forwarned that if using a serial cable...the conversion process for the sound files can take awhile to do on the first write so it usually looks like CPS is hanging which it isnt'.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Post by Tom in D.C. »

PJ,

On a recent visit to the AT&T voice synthesizer site I discovered that they have blocked all
access to what you and I might call "colorful" language. What a shame. You just can't have any fun any more.

Regards,
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
Pj

Post by Pj »

heh..never tried that before...

I see you have been in to the DC bug juice lately Tom! :)

Hope to see you next time I am in town again at Mongo
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
firemedic4

Post by firemedic4 »

Thanks For the replys. I built voice files for all the talk groups for my radio. But now the Users want it in the radios and i wasn't sure if the nfpa had any guide lines.. Thanks
Pj

Post by Pj »

Did you volunteer your voice or doing something else
Batwings21

Post by Batwings21 »

Tom in D.C. wrote:PJ,

On a recent visit to the AT&T voice synthesizer site I discovered that they have blocked all
access to what you and I might call "colorful" language. What a shame. You just can't have any fun any more.

Regards,
You just have to get creative with the spelling. I had a customer who likes to use "colorful" language in every sentence, so we gave him a demo with "colorful" language. He was quite amused...
Q101ATFD

Post by Q101ATFD »

The NFPA does not have any guidelines related to the volume of channel announcement.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”