HT1250 MDC beeps

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

phillipsc84

HT1250 MDC beeps

Post by phillipsc84 »

I have an HT1250 UHF, not sure if I have something set wrong but when I set the TX signalling for MDC when when the radio keys up is just sounds a continuous PTT sidetone and the radio transmits a repititious beep beep beep beep... and when I turn it off then i hear it transmit the MDC data before it powers down. Anyone know what this could be?
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: HT1250 MDC beeps

Post by escomm »

Sounds like a call alert or sel call
d119

Post by d119 »

Sounds like MDC Auto-Login is turned on.
phillipsc84

Post by phillipsc84 »

ANy ideas where to look to change these settings? I'm fairly new to this line or radio.
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

Drill into the signalling setup and the individual mode settings. signalling will define the mdc system, and the mode settings will define how signalling is used.
phillipsc84

Post by phillipsc84 »

I went into Signalling config and turned off Sel Call and call Alert. I set the PTT id to Pre only. I have emergency turned off and no status and message. No repeater access since its not used. I can post the codeplug to CPSS if anyone wants to take a look. Its pretty empty.
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

look inside and see if there is an extra board installed in the radio for signaling. also check in the cps and see if the box is checked to enable external board? also what shows up on another radios display when you transmit? did this just start happening or did you just get the radio?
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”