HMN9013B CHARGING QUESTION

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

STEVE W

HMN9013B CHARGING QUESTION

Post by STEVE W »

I just bought a HMN9013B battery for my HT1250 when I put in a standard trichem charger the light will stay red when charging the instead of flashing green it flashes red then goes back to steady then flashes again. Is this becasue it is just a new battery or is it defective. The battery is from a reputable Hk dealer and it is a Moto battery not off brand.
Thanks
Steve
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: HMN9013B CHARGING QUESTION

Post by escomm »

Dollars to doughnuts the battery has been sitting on a shelf for 6 months or more. The description you've provided sounds like a low-voltage Li-Ion battery, and if you keep it on the charger overnight when you wake up in the morning you'll probably find the light is steady green. If it's still flashing red in the morning then you've got a bad battery.
Karfield

Re: HMN9013B CHARGING QUESTION

Post by Karfield »

We see that on Li-On batteries all the time. Generally it's with the CP200 batteries but the theory is the same. When we get those we replace them. What is the date code on the battery you got? If it's over 848 you should be able to get a warranty replacement.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”