Motorola order delays due to oil spill

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

nuke911

Motorola order delays due to oil spill

Post by nuke911 »

Has anyone been told about Motorola order delays due to sending equipment to the Gulf Oil Spill ?
Have an order for a M-5 amp. charger now for almost 3 months and the only item missing is an antenna for it. Local salesman says they were told all the spare parts are sent to the Gulf.
bezking
What radios do you own?: /\/\

Re: Motorola order delays due to oil spill

Post by bezking »

I just ordered some Waris accessories yesterday and they shipped same day...
The bandsplit is only a suggestion.

Garyf629

Post by Garyf629 »

I have ordered a lot of parts, and accessories the past 90 days with no problems.
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Post by Tom in D.C. »

Any sales rep who would make such an outrageous statment should be fired. He's just too lazy to follow up on your order and also too stupid to think of a realistic excuse. Think of it: ALL parts shipments are being diverted to the Gulf due to the oil spill? It doesn't even begin to make any sense.
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
BlueLineEnt
New User
What radios do you own?: MCS2k, Spectra, HT1250, HT1000

Post by BlueLineEnt »

I placed an order on the 3rd for an HT1250 holster, and it hasn't shipped yet. The order status on MotoOnline just says "supply disruption"
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Actually, we have a number of items on back order, and were told the same thing. How it can possibly affect all the things we're waiting for, I have no idea, but that's their story & they're sticking to it!
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
bezking
What radios do you own?: /\/\

Post by bezking »

BlueLineEnt wrote:I placed an order on the 3rd for an HT1250 holster, and it hasn't shipped yet. The order status on MotoOnline just says "supply disruption"
Really? Which one? I bought an HLN9701BP - Nylon Carrycase in Retail Packaging yesterday and it shipped already...
The bandsplit is only a suggestion.

escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Certain items are on hold for BP and Halliburton. Some of these items trickle down and cause backorders on radios, example the accessory kit for the Pro series portables. I've had MTX8250s backordered for over 3 weeks, no end is in sight.

Motorola has also had a hell of a time with the TRBO line. But these supply issues with TRBO existed long before the oil spill.
fullyfuly
New User

Post by fullyfuly »

True story. Our shop has run into several items which have a "supply disruption" and we've been told it is due to the oil spill.
BlueLineEnt
New User
What radios do you own?: MCS2k, Spectra, HT1250, HT1000

Post by BlueLineEnt »

I just checked the status and mine finally shipped Friday.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”