800 trunk maxtrac

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ninneman
New User

800 trunk maxtrac

Post by ninneman »

I looked for days I have a maxtrac 800 trunk I want to change it to a standard transmit and receive
what is the steps
Thankyou very much
Tony.RI
What radios do you own?: HT1k, MT2K, Saber 3, XTS3k

Re: 800 trunk maxtrac

Post by Tony.RI »

ninneman wrote:I looked for days I have a maxtrac 800 trunk I want to change it to a standard transmit and receive
what is the steps
Thankyou very much
You need the conventional firmware.

HLN9277A, for VHF/UHF/800, 5-pin logic board radios
HLN5569A, for VHF/UHF/800, 16-pin logic board radios

Then the logic board will need to be blanked and aligned.
ninneman
New User

Post by ninneman »

Where can I get the firmware... I have everything else RSS , this is all new I have not done in years and just geting back into radios again
Thanks for any help
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

Tony.RI wrote:
ninneman wrote:I looked for days I have a maxtrac 800 trunk I want to change it to a standard transmit and receive
what is the steps
Thankyou very much
I would just program up the conventional channels with the firmware it has. You can change the firmware and get some
more channels and do away with the trunking all together. However, as this radio is limited in it's abilities on trunking,
most people are just tossing them in the dumpster. You are able to obtain these for nothing or just a few $$.

Bottom line is how many channels you need. I don't remember what the cut off is in using the trunking firmware in the
conventional mode for how many channels you can have.

Jim

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”