XTS5000 MDC Decode issue

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

joes243

XTS5000 MDC Decode issue

Post by joes243 »

Hey all-

I have an XTS5000, HT1250 and a Vertex 920 all programmed with the same narrow band uhf frequency. For some reason, the XTS5000 does not decode the MDC IDs coming through this repeater. The other 2 radios have no problems decoding the IDs on the channel. I know the radio and conventional personality are set up correct because I decode ids on other frequencies with no problem. I tried changing all the settings I can think of under Rx Settings and setting to narrow and wide band. Nothing seems to work. I hear the MDC burst coming through loud and clear, but no decode. Does anyone have any ideas what I can try?

Thanks!
bezking
What radios do you own?: /\/\

Re: XTS5000 MDC Decode issue

Post by bezking »

The Flashcode needs to have Digital ID Display (i.e. the first digit should be a 5) in order to decode MDC IDs.
The bandsplit is only a suggestion.

joes243

Post by joes243 »

The radio does decode mdc on every other frequency. I think it has something to do with the narrow band.
n9upw

Post by n9upw »

Is it muting the MDC just not displaying it? Does the 5000 have the same ID as the 1250 & Vertex?
joes243

Post by joes243 »

The ids are different. The issue is if a 4th radio is transmitting, 2 of my radios will decode the id but the XTS5000 won't. I know the radio is set up correct because if I key up one of my radios on simplex the id displays without issue. It doesn't sound like the mdc is muting when it comes through the repeater. It is low audio (on all radios), I think the XTS5000 needs a stronger/louder mdc burst to decode.
Andy2712
What radios do you own?: XTS2500 m3 VHF

Post by Andy2712 »

It sounds like the XTS5K just isn't catching the burst as it comes through the repeater. We often times have the same problem. Is the burst transmitted pre or post? If its pre, try it on post to see if it gets it there.
bezking
What radios do you own?: /\/\

Post by bezking »

You could also jack up the pretime on the transmitting radios to see if that is the problem. On the 1250 - set the MDC pretime to something crazy like 500ms and if that decodes on the XTS just start making it lower until it no longer decodes.
The bandsplit is only a suggestion.

HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

it could be muting it but check the speed of the burst
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”