Motorola Ht1250 Alert Problems

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

WRFD982
New User

Motorola Ht1250 Alert Problems

Post by WRFD982 »

I just had my HT1250 reprogrammed and on the page channel the dispatch sets off the tones and it makes the alert sound and unlocks and i hear the tones but then the alert comes back and goes away and i hear the dispatcher starting to speak and then the alert sounds again blocking out part of the dispatch. Was it programmed wrong? Is there a setting i need to change? Or was it built that i have to press a button to stop the alert and hear the dispatch?
Josh
What radios do you own?: APX4K, XTL5K, NX5200, NX700HK

Re: Motorola Ht1250 Alert Problems

Post by Josh »

WRFD982 wrote:I just had my HT1250 reprogrammed and on the page channel the dispatch sets off the tones and it makes the alert sound and unlocks and i hear the tones but then the alert comes back and goes away and i hear the dispatcher starting to speak and then the alert sounds again blocking out part of the dispatch. Was it programmed wrong? Is there a setting i need to change? Or was it built that i have to press a button to stop the alert and hear the dispatch?
Sounds like "call alert" was set instead of "selective call", in a Sel-call, the beeps alert once and open the squelch allowing you to hear the dispatch, then the selective squelch closes back up after a preset amount of time.

in a call alert the radio just beeps at intervals. It sounds like the way your radio is set up, selective squelch isn't used, so the dispatcher will talk, but unless you intervene (IE push the ptt or 'exit' button on the radio\) the alert will just keep going, either forever, or a preset amount of time.
WRFD982
New User

Post by WRFD982 »

Is there a way i can go in and change it to selective call through the menu?
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Post by thebigphish »

Close.

The selective call system that was set up on your radio most likely has an incorrect option selected. You will need to go and change the option that probably says Auto w/o carrier override or Manual to Auto w/ Carrier Override. This disables the radio from preempting RX audio w/ local alert.
"How do you plan to outwit Death?"
"With a knight and bishop combination; I will destroy his flank.
" --Antonious Block
raff92
New User
What radios do you own?: XPR 7550 VHF/UHF

Post by raff92 »

WRFD982 wrote:Is there a way i can go in and change it to selective call through the menu?
No you will need to use your CPS to change this option.

-raff92

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”