IMPRES Full Display Single Unit Charger

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ASTROMODAT

IMPRES Full Display Single Unit Charger

Post by ASTROMODAT »

Do I have it correct that the ONLY way to get a Motorola IMPRES charger with the full LCD display treatment for either XTS5000 or XTS2500 LiIon batteries is to purchase the ginormous 6 unit gang charger, and as a minimum, equip at least one of the six bays with the IMPRES circuitry and its associated LCD display? My only other choice is to "roll my own," with some sort of Rube Goldburg lashup?
kotaguchi
What radios do you own?: XTS5000

Re: IMPRES Full Display Single Unit Charger

Post by kotaguchi »

There is a mod out there to add the LCD readout from a Impres Six unit charger to the Single unit charger on Bat Labs.Another way is to get the Impres Battery readout cradle that connects to a pc.I know this way is not a charger but another way to get the Battery info.
In Memory of those that serve.

Seal Team Six

Radios I currently own:

2-qty APX7000 UHF R2/700-800MHz M3
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

ASTROMODAT

Post by ASTROMODAT »

That's what I meant by a "Rube Goldburg approach."

My question is whether it is correct, or not, that Motorola does/does not make a single unit IMPRES charger with a full LCD display. Sadly, I don't think they do, but I'm hoping I am wrong.
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

Did you read the thread?
akardam

Post by akardam »

ASTROMODAT wrote:My question is whether it is correct, or not, that Motorola does/does not make a single unit IMPRES charger with a full LCD display. Sadly, I don't think they do, but I'm hoping I am wrong.
Not for the 4111 Jedi/XTS/Saber charger, no.

Pro Series, TRBO, APX and Jedi/XTS vehicle IMPRES chargers come with an expansion jack for a future external display module. APX 2 slot desk chargers have the option for displays.
ASTROMODAT

Post by ASTROMODAT »

So what we "need" is a battery holder adaptor that converts an APX battery pocket to an XTS battery type! I do know that adaptors can be placed into the XTS pocket to accomodate the new APX batteries, so maybe the reverse will come to fruition?
akardam

Post by akardam »

Not likely, the APX batteries have a different footprint and contact height than the XTS batteries.
ASTROMODAT

Post by ASTROMODAT »

akardam wrote:Not likely, the APX batteries have a different footprint and contact height than the XTS batteries.
Correct, but Motorola makes an adaptor that allows APX batteries to be inserted into JEDI-series chargers, which accomodates the different footprint, contact height, and various other form factors. Therefore, I'm wondering (hoping!) they will come out with a reverse adaptor.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

ASTROMODAT wrote:
akardam wrote:Not likely, the APX batteries have a different footprint and contact height than the XTS batteries.
Correct, but Motorola makes an adaptor that allows APX batteries to be inserted into JEDI-series chargers, which accomodates the different footprint, contact height, and various other form factors. Therefore, I'm wondering (hoping!) they will come out with a reverse adaptor.
In that case, since you don't seem to want to accept the answer that's been provided you should ask Motorola about this
ASTROMODAT

Post by ASTROMODAT »

I've opened up a GCC.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”