Syntor X9000

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ABANAKA

Syntor X9000

Post by ABANAKA »

Using the scan mode is there a way to still receive the display frequency or mode even if that frequency or mode is not in the scan list? I found you can transmitt on that display frequency but you can't receive anything on it unless it is in the scan list. Has anyone worked around that or did I program something wrong?
Thanks
Jim202

Re: Syntor X9000

Post by Jim202 »

ABANAKA wrote:Using the scan mode is there a way to still receive the display frequency or mode even if that frequency or mode is not in the scan list? I found you can transmitt on that display frequency but you can't receive anything on it unless it is in the scan list. Has anyone worked around that or did I program something wrong?
Thanks

You should be able to receive on any channel that you have programmed into the radio and the head. It may not be in the
fixed scan list or what ever. I have some 155 channels in my radio and only the first 64 can be in any scan list. The rest
of them only function in the selected manual mode. As I step to each channel, I can receive what is on that single channel.

Jim
HumHead

Post by HumHead »

The X9000 probably has the most versatile and flexible scan function of any Motorola product. As usual, that can get you into trouble as well.

When in scan, the X9000 will only receive modes that are in the list. If the current mode is not in the list, it will not be received during scan. Each mode has its own scan configuration, and the behavior when scan is activated will depend on the configuration of the list for the current mode. Additionally, you can mix operator selected and non operator selected entries in each list. The operator selected entries are; however, shared among all scan lists.

The usual best practice, if you want operator selectable scan, is to go into the list for each mode and assign that mode as a fixed P1 or P2 member, and the select the other positions as operator selectable. That way you will always scan the current mode, plus your operator selected list.
Amateurs train until they can do it right. Professionals train until they cannot do it wrong.
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

I'm a bit rusty with them, but in one of the screens you can make everything a non-pri channel, then select selected channel as a P1. Saves some time, but as Humhead said...it can be painful.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
N9LLO

Post by N9LLO »

It can be a pain but once its done it works great. I think this is the only radio Motorola made that does a goods job as a scanner also. Mine seems to rx narrowband pretty well also. I havent tried to decode pl on a narrowband signal with it though. That would be an interesting experiment.

Chris
N9LLO
wx4cbh

Post by wx4cbh »

I have a VHF high band Syntor X that has absolutely no problem with PL levels as low as ~0.150 KHz deviation on the bench anywhere in its rated freq spread (haven't tried it at lower levels), and is so far fine receiving narrowband freqs with PL. In fact, I have found that as long as any Moto from the Syntor generation to present is properly tuned, it will have no problem with decoding subtones down into the noise levels. I haven't experimented with wide spreads to the very edges of the receiver ranges, but as for what I have actually observed inside the normal spreads, you should be good to go. I have a 99 ch MT1000 VHF high band that easily decodes and unmutes at .08 uV @ 0.300 KHz deviation anywhere in the freqs in it from 151 MHz to 163 MHz. Can't really copy any intelligible conversation at that signal level, but the PL decodes just fine. YMMV however.
curmudgeon.....and I like it.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”