HT 1000 busy channel LED question

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

W4KRR
What radios do you own?: XTS3000's; XTS2500's; many sca

HT 1000 busy channel LED question

Post by W4KRR »

:roll:
I programmed into my 16 channel VHF HT 1000 the option to have the red LED blink whenever a channel is busy. However, this seems to work on only one channel. I thought this was a global setting?? Is this option dependant on other options to be enabled in order for it to work, or is it PL tone dependant?

Also, when turning the channel selector knob, there is sometimes a beep when I pass over certain channels. Why? I have all channels configured alike, as far as signalling options (all disabled).
Wes

Post by Wes »

I think the setting for the red LED blinking on a busy channel is a global setting. I can not understand why it is working like you described.

The beeping when you pass a certian channel, sounds like the "last active scan channel beep function" this lets you know which was the last channel to have traffic on it during scan.

Wes
Wes Hutchens
911 Telecommunicator/2-Way Sales & Service
mancow
Batboard $upporter

Post by mancow »

I can't get my busy light to blink on any channel on any of my HT1000s I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

mancow
mts2000des2
No Longer Registered

Post by mts2000des2 »

If the channels you are receiving are CSQ, the LED will NOT blink on RX, you must have code squelch (PL or DPL) to get the LED to flash.

The beep tone is the active channel tone, it is under scan config, and will let you know what the last channel of activity was heard, since the radio lacks a display, this is useful during scanning operation,
Verizon Wireless...join in for America's largest and most reliable wireless network, call 1-800-2JOIN-IN today. We never stop working for you.
W4KRR
What radios do you own?: XTS3000's; XTS2500's; many sca

Post by W4KRR »

That would explain why the LED only blinks on the one channel. That one channel uses a PL tone on the receive side, none of my other channels use a PL tone on the receive side. Thanks.
mancow
Batboard $upporter

Post by mancow »

But, I have mine programmed for receive PL and no blinking occurrs.

WTF??? !!!!

Obvioulsly it's something stupid on my part but I haven't figured it out yet.

mancow
Will

Post by Will »

The "busy" indicator will not function if the radio is receiving the correct PL code, because the channel is NOT busy!!! To meet Busy, there must be a carrier or a carrier with a different PL or DPL code.
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Post by RadioSouth »

All of mine (5) blink red when there's any channel activity (matched PL/DPL, non-matching PL/DPL, carrier with no PL/DPL). This doesn't apply to carrier squelch channels.
Don't believe there's any programmable functions for the blinking red light other than
busy channel and/or low battery.
mts2000des2
No Longer Registered

Post by mts2000des2 »

Will wrote:The "busy" indicator will not function if the radio is receiving the correct PL code, because the channel is NOT busy!!! To meet Busy, there must be a carrier or a carrier with a different PL or DPL code.
Depends on how you set your "CLEAR CHAN DEFINITION" in the Radio Wide Options screen in RSS. This will dictate what the radio sees as a "busy" channel.
Verizon Wireless...join in for America's largest and most reliable wireless network, call 1-800-2JOIN-IN today. We never stop working for you.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”