JT1000 JEDI Microphonics -mic noise?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

W2WP
New User
What radios do you own?: /\/\otorola XTS3000

JT1000 JEDI Microphonics -mic noise?

Post by W2WP »

I have a JT1000 that has this issue. Can anyone tell me where to get
The kit (part# ?), the cost? and is it a simPle fix or does Motorola need to install?
I really like the radio and would rather not dumP it.
Mark
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Re: JT1000 JEDI Microphonics -mic noise?

Post by RadioSouth »

REX4465A but I recall postings where some had successful repairs without the kit, they addressed the bad grounding issues by soldering the shields. Probably still in the archives.
W2WP
New User
What radios do you own?: /\/\otorola XTS3000

Post by W2WP »

I see a kit on eBay. User has it listed as a HT1000/VHF. Is this model and band specific or is the kit used for all flavors of HT1000/Jt1000?
Will

Post by Will »

The Microphonics kit is for most Jedi radios, and not frequency range dependent.

Some times just doing the cleaning of the board edges where the board contacts the frame and isolating one of the ground tabs will clear the noise up.

The last one I did, the main problem was a bad codeplug/ tuning values, so it does vary to what degree of work is needed.

I have seen many that the work done to do the microphonics repair went overboard on the soldering of the shields causing other problems.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”