XTS2500 AN vs. BN electronics

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

willbird287
What radios do you own?: Always looking for the best...

XTS2500 AN vs. BN electronics

Post by willbird287 »

Hey guys,

I'm aware of the main difference between the two models, 4Meg vs. 8Meg of memory allowing for newer firmware with bigger software features, but what else is different? Can the ancillary electronics be swapped between the two? (specifically the keypads, LCD's, flex assemblies, etc)

--Will
willbird287

Re: XTS2500 AN vs. BN electronics

Post by willbird287 »

I found some information about the chassis having alignment tabs on the BN and not the AN radios, but is there any difference with electronics between the two?

--Will
N4DES
was KS4VT
What radios do you own?: APX,XTS2500,XTL2500,XTL1500

Post by N4DES »

I do know that the secure board/keypad board is universal and doesn't care. I can't speak for the rest of the radio.
willbird287

Post by willbird287 »

I opened up a few radios I had to test it all out. It works. The AN and BN electronics are cross compatible. The difference is only in the physics aspects of the case and chassis.

--Will

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”