Motorola SAE Power Connector "Y" Cable

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KE9GK

Motorola SAE Power Connector "Y" Cable

Post by KE9GK »

Hello..

Does anyone know where I can find or who makes a decent 10-12 ga. Motorola SAE power cable "Y splitter" and generic pigtails? I have seen them several times at installations where there is a mobile radio set up as a control base and a TRA sitting on top. One cable feeds the radio, and the other feeds the TRA. I need them for the same application. I am also looking for ideas for a supplier of decent 10-12 ga. bulk zip wire....as close to /\/\ OEM power cable as possible.

Thanks
After years of dealing with the public I have realized.....You Just Can't Fix Stupid!
Motoboy
What radios do you own?: HT1250 I saved from the dump

Re: Motorola SAE Power Connector "Y" Cable

Post by Motoboy »

http://www.waytekwire.com

Usually the TRA pulls power from the radio (pin 13=SWB+ [500mA max], pin 7=ground).

If I need a Y-cable (like for a CDR700, for example), I simply build one myself with solder and heatshrink using an extra HKN4137 power cable.

Also, see http://www.batlabs.com/htpro.html

/\/\b
"I don't have a driver's license, either, and that never got me in trouble!" ~Customer
KE9GK

Post by KE9GK »

Thanks....

I know about waytek....I have an account there....I just cant find any red/blk zip wire that is 12 ga or larger from them.

Also, I couldnt find anything about the SAE Y cable in your link.

So I am again looking for anyone with info on where to purchase a good 10-12 ga Motorola SAE power cable splitter.

Thanks
After years of dealing with the public I have realized.....You Just Can't Fix Stupid!
impalass427

Post by impalass427 »

Tower Electronics (http://www.pl-259.com) shows black and red zip cord in all sizes from 22ga thru 8 ga wire, either per foot or 100ft rolls; they also may have some sort of T connector harness. Give them a try. Don
GlennD

Post by GlennD »

The 9100-386 MDTs that we used to have used a Y connector. I still use a few for testing.
KE9GK

Post by KE9GK »

Any idea of a Moto part number or where to get them aftermarket?
GlennD

Post by GlennD »

Before I posted I looked around for a service manual but found nothing, Sorry.
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

Motorola sells one for the HRR Astro Spectra setup to power both radios with one power lead. I don't have the p/n anymore (search the board for "HRR" and you'll probably find it) but IIRC it was over $30 at dealer cost.. not worth it to me, personally. I second the recommendation of rolling your own with a little solder and heat-shrink.

edit: Found it.. YKN4267A. $38.85 and available.
KE9GK

Post by KE9GK »

Thanks Guys!! Appreciate it!
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Correct, the HRR power cable works pretty good for low/mid power radios. Right now its powering two XTL's.

The part number is YKN4267A. My contract pricing is $30.

Price(ier) than a normal cable, but better than running and fusing two power cables.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”