APX7000 and MOTO TRBO

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jim1348

APX7000 and MOTO TRBO

Post by Jim1348 »

I am assuming that the APX7000 is NOT compatible with MOTO TRBO. Are there any other multi band/multi mode transceivers that will do MOTO TRBO yet? I assume not, but I had to ask anyway.
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Re: APX7000 and MOTO TRBO

Post by Tom in D.C. »

The digital modes of these two radios are not compatible. Of course they both also do FM analog so in that respect they are compatible.
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
Batwings21

Post by Batwings21 »

Fun fact of the day, the newer Mototrbo portables and the APX use the same cpu/dsp combo chip...

So while it does not currently do Trbo, it probably could if they wanted it to.
dsheli

Post by dsheli »

Does this also mean a Trbo could do phase II P25 if they wanted it to?
ka8ypy

Post by ka8ypy »

Jim1348 wrote:I am assuming that the APX7000 is NOT compatible with MOTO TRBO. Are there any other multi band/multi mode transceivers that will do MOTO TRBO yet? I assume not, but I had to ask anyway.
You might check Hytera for DMR (TRBO) compatability. Not all of the TRBO bells and whistles will work, but the basic DMR standards should.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”