Help with logic board re-initialize---HELP please.

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

eagle844

Help with logic board re-initialize---HELP please.

Post by eagle844 »

Good evening,

I have a dead Maxtrac VHF with a 9313A board and 5569 firmware. I did a swap with a 800 9313B board and moved the 5569 firmware chip to the board.

I turned on the radio and all it does is light up the buttons on the front. No number display.

Also, When I got the VHF model it was dead so I do not have any values to re-enter into the re-initialize stage of the software.

Would you please help me get this radio back working?

Thanks so much for all your help,
Mike
eagle844

Re: Help with logic board re-initialize---HELP please.

Post by eagle844 »

P.S. I do not have the information from another unit for the allignment. I have the crystal number, but the other number they are asking for I do not know because there was not a sticker on the shield. Can someone please help me on that?

Also, Does the Maxtrac do MDC1200 and Quick-call? The main thing is the quick-call decode(no encoding) for FD sleep page and alert during monitoring times.

If so, How do I get that in the 5569 firmware?

Thanks so much for all you guys help,

Mike
eagle844

Post by eagle844 »

I got it to initialize and is working with MDC1200 and Quick-call decode.

I need to align the radio still. I still do not have the proper info.

Thank you for all the help,
Mike
n7maq
What radios do you own?: Mocom 70 w/scan!!

Post by n7maq »

Has the logic board you put in been "blanked"? If so then you are part way, see the below link. If not then you will have to find someone with Maxtrac Lab RSS that can do that for you.

Here is a link to a PDF that the late Monty Sisco wrote up on blank board initialization.

http://members.trainorders.com/x4449/16pin.pdf

You will need to have the radio aligned since you don't have the tuning data.

Jim
eagle844

Post by eagle844 »

I did blank the board. I got all that working. Has do I align the radio since I do not have a service monitor. Is there a way to do it myself?

Thanks a ton,
Mike
n7maq
What radios do you own?: Mocom 70 w/scan!!

Post by n7maq »

eagle844 wrote:I did blank the board. I got all that working. Has do I align the radio since I do not have a service monitor. Is there a way to do it myself?

Thanks a ton,
Mike
Mike,

It is best to have a service monitor, or accurate test equipment that will show freq error and FM deviation. Also need a good Watt meter, and AF, and RF signal generators. A SINAD meter should also be used, but the ear works good if needed.

It sounds like you did a good job with the conversion on the logic board. If you are a ham ask around, there are a lot of old service monitors out on ham benches. If you don't have anyone local to help out drop me a PM and I'll be glad to help you.

Also if you are going to use it on the two meter band, and the radio is a high split (146 to 174) then you loose your RF power output control below 146.00.

Jim
Zap
Batboard $upporter

Post by Zap »

as per the pdf linked above...
With a blank Board on the first (and ONLY) time, you can select the Product Line
Honestly, it's been years since I was doing this almost daily.
I WAS able to repeatedly able to get back to that menu.
I have completely forgot.

How do I get to this point?
Do I use Trunked-LAB or CONV-LAB to blank to get this menu to appear ?
Do I want a 64 block or 320 block wipe?
I want a Type-II smartnet trunked radio in the end, I will use EPROM HLN9383, Panel 54.

I have tried initializing with trunked R050700 RSS and I do not get the option to select product line.
It tells me to load a codeplug to continue. I load the old B7 codeplug, and it gives me the two-tone error when it's done.

I'm surprised nobody has presented a "start to finish" wipe and reinitialize how-to including discussing of the error tone fix.
The explainations I've found barely go half way, unless I missed one.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”