HT1250 speaker mic problems.

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

nj4life131
New User

HT1250 speaker mic problems.

Post by nj4life131 »

So I have an HT1250 limited keypad VHF radio, my chief gave me a speaker mic for the radio and when i hooked it up it doesnt work. I talked to our radio supplier and they told me to turn it off and connect the radio and it should work but it doesnt. The weird thing is the Mic keys up, and your can transmit a message, however neither the speaker on the microphone or the radio works when the mic is hooked up. Anyone have any ideas on what the problem is? I have tried 2 different mics, and other members radios work, however mine doesnt. Any Ideas?
Al

Re: HT1250 speaker mic problems.

Post by Al »

Look carefully at the accessory connector on your HT1250, and inspect for dirt/corrosion. All contacts should show goldplate and be clean. If not, use a commercial contact cleaner/enhancer such as Caig D50. Using a pencil eraser will remove the goldplate and encourage corrosion.
SoCalRescue

Re: HT1250 speaker mic problems.

Post by SoCalRescue »

look up a diagram for the wiring of the mic and make sure any pins aren't missing.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”