XTS5000R for the win !

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

MT2000 man
What radios do you own?: XTS5000R, Astro Saber III, I

XTS5000R for the win !

Post by MT2000 man »

Saw this article from the "other" site, and figured I'd post here for all to see.

http://urgentcomm.com/mobile_voice/comm ... -20110803/

These XTS5000's can really take a beating. From the looks of it, that was the"R" model, but I don't there there is much of a difference between the 5000 Rugged version, and the regualer 5000. Either way, that's impressive.
WB6DGN

Re: XTS5000R for the win !

Post by WB6DGN »

Weelll! I think it was equally fortunate (for the radio) that it was hit almost exactly in the middle of the speaker. There usually aren't any circuit boards in that area. Now, if that nail hit about two inches lower (or more), I think the outcome might have been entirely different. I don't dispute that Motorola builds durable radios; I've seen some accidents that, by all rights, should have disabled the radio, but didn't. However, I think the example given here is a rather poor one. Of far greater significance to me is the fact that the firefighter was spared from potentially serious injury.
Tom DGN

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”