Need 10 pin coupler part number

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

arlojanis

Need 10 pin coupler part number

Post by arlojanis »

I need the part number and supplier for a 10 pin modular coupler with female sockets and for 8 and 10 pin modular Y connectors with male plug and 2 female sockets. What are the RJ numbers for 8 pins and for 10 pins?
Last edited by arlojanis on Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The world runs on radio."
Kingston
New User

Re: Need 10 pin coupler part number

Post by Kingston »

check mouser.com or digikey.com
arlojanis

Post by arlojanis »

I had a Mouser tech do a search and he could not locate anything.
"The world runs on radio."
Al

Post by Al »

Arlo, I believe the 8 pin modular is an RJ45 and the 10 pin is an RJ50. I've never seen a beast such as you're looking for, only female to female 10 pin RJ50 couplers.
Garyf629

Post by Garyf629 »

You can get the 8 pin RJ-45 from TigerDirect or NewEgg Computer suppliers. These are for a very specific purpose, NOT for splitting an eithernet connection. I hope that you are not trying to connect 2 CDM control heads to one radio, or 2 CDM radios to one control head, IT WILL NOT WORK. If your lucky no damage will be done, but you could take out both processors.

The 10 pin connector is an RJ-50, it is used in the telephone industry for ISDN lines.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”