Motorola CP200

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

JD

Motorola CP200

Post by JD »

Any one know how to disable front keypad completely on a CP200 XLS. There is a key lock /unlock option on the side buttons, but when you turn radio off and then back on, you have to reset the option for key pad to be locked. Fire Department says this is unacceptable.

Thanks.
Al

Re: Motorola CP200

Post by Al »

Does your CP200 have the latest firmware? IIRC R03.07.01 is the current one. There is a possibility that the newest F/W will remember the status of the keypad across a power cycle. If you upgrade the firmware, you'll need to use CPS R05.15.00 or later to read/write the updated codeplug.
JD

Post by JD »

I think they do, just bought 2 months ago and am using 5.16 software. I will call Motorola again.
abrasowski
What radios do you own?: CDM1250s, CP200, RDXs, DTR550

Post by abrasowski »

JD,
A little off-topic but I'm curious why you chose the CP200 XLS for FD operations. For my dept. it is important to have a "stopper" in the channel selector so firefighters can "feel" for channel 1 in a shuffle. Our fireground is programmed for channel 1 and 16 so a firefighter can turn the selector until it stops and be sure he/she is on fireground. The CP200 XLS has a continuous channel selector...
--
Alexander
JD

Post by JD »

Radios were there choice, they tried them out and preferred them over others.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”