HT1250 issues with speaker Mic

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

S_Holmes
New User
What radios do you own?: Too many to list

HT1250 issues with speaker Mic

Post by S_Holmes »

Hi gang...

My HT1250 has a little fluke, every once in a while when I use my speaker mic with my 1250 it likes to reboot. Has any one encountered this problem before? I'm pretty sure I tried using a different mic a while back and it still did the same thing so I'm pretty sure its not the speaker mic it self doing it.
Scott Holmes
KC2OBW
Al

Re: HT1250 issues with speaker Mic

Post by Al »

I'll agree with you that it's not the RSM, Scott. Try cleaning the battery contacts on both the radio and the battery with a nonabrasive contact cleaner/enhancer like Deoxit Gold.
If that doesn't eliminate the problem and your HT has an orange chassis seal around the battery contacts, there is a newer battery seal(blue in color) that provides more support for the spring action of the contacts and reduces any tendency of the contacts to momentarily lose contact with the battery under high vibration conditions and has silicone rubber 'fingers' that fit under the radio's spring contacts.
S_Holmes
New User

Post by S_Holmes »

I'll give that a shot all. How ever it has the black battery seal. I'm thinking this may be a firmware issues? It currently has Firmware version 03.01.03. It only does this when I use a speaker mic.
Scott Holmes
KC2OBW
Al

Post by Al »

Black seals are the oldest ones, IIRC.
Although newer firmware wouldn't hurt a thing, I'd doubt the F/W is causing the problem that you describe since the HT worked normally at one time.
Still, there's no contacts on the accessory connector that would cause a radio reboot. So if you're seeing the problem only with a RSM attached it's likely housing flexure/wear that's contributing.
S_Holmes
New User

Post by S_Holmes »

I have another 1250 case laying around I'll slap that on and see if I have any issues. That will give me an idea if there is a flex cable issue with the housing that is currently on the radio.
Scott Holmes
KC2OBW
S_Holmes
New User

Post by S_Holmes »

Okay I tried the other housing that had a flex in it...Well the PTT didn't want to work on the other flex. On the other housing I cleaned the flex at the end that goes into the radio and blew some air into the connector it self on the radio, and it appears it is working as it should so far. I think maybe the connection just needed to be receded.
Scott Holmes
KC2OBW
S_Holmes
New User

Post by S_Holmes »

Just figured I'd give any update. I replaced the flex and the radio is working as it should.
Scott Holmes
KC2OBW

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”