HT1000 VHF Receive problem

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

cdb1458
New User

HT1000 VHF Receive problem

Post by cdb1458 »

Hey, new to the boards so if this has been answered already and i missed it, my apologies up front.

So to the problem:
I recently got a HT1000 VHF model H01KDC9AA3DN. When i received it, it had the original programming in it, and when i turned it on it sounded like the squelch was just on full. I reprogrammed it with the frequencies I need and when I tried to use/test it, i could transmit without a problem, but no receive. I'll also add that the led keeps flashing red, even with no traffic on the frequencies i'm on (had the scanner on to verify). I figured, ok, maybe the speakers bad, hell it did come of ebay, so i took it apart and switched it with another Ht1000 i had, but nope, same problem. I don't know if i missed something in the settings maybe or what, but i am at a loss and looking for guidance. I do also realize the possibility that the board is just shot and i'll need to get another radio, but i'd like to avoid that.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
mancow
Batboard $upporter

Re: HT1000 VHF Receive problem

Post by mancow »

Are you running carrier squelch or something else? If not carrier could you have the wrong tones in it? Do you have a speaker mic to try on it? Can you hear beeps when buttons are pushed?
CircleBat

Post by CircleBat »

can be the first RX Xtal shot, grounding problem, or can be the IF Crystal.. typical problems with these radios.. that is why Motorola discontinued it.. Must admit the radio has good RX specs
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

you need to check your programming of the pl/dpl's and check your scan setting and see what your a/b/c switch is set for. Did you program this yourself or did a shop do it for you?
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”