GM300 problem.

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

eagle844

GM300 problem.

Post by eagle844 »

Hello, I am having problems with a GM300 model M44GMC20D3__. This radio has no way to configure the accessory connector in the RSS. Plus the radio does not rx. When hooking the controller to it for the rx it does not work with or without. If you place the TX plug to it it hums real bad when you transmit, but does not hum when you tx via the mic. The repeater came with 2 GM300's, controller, cans, and PS. It was working about 2 years ago then sat on a shelf.

I have another GM300 model M04GMC29C3__ that I intended to use as a rx radio only due to the 10watts. The current TX radio wis working fine. The problem with that is when I configure the CSQ on pin8, the car light stays lit on the controller until there is a received signal then goes out. I have tried for hours to configure it to work until we can get a Maxtrac for the rx radio.

Please let me know if I can re-flash the GMC20D3 to a GMC29C3 to get the rx working again and get to the accessory connector screen again,

Any input would be appreciated.

Mike
Will

Re: GM300 problem.

Post by Will »

Mike,

The output for the RUS, which includes the PL decode AND the carrier squelch, is configured for Zero true and you need a pull-up resistor to 5 volts. A 4.7 Kohm is what most use.

No way to do any flashing on GM 300 radios.

The hum on transmit is due to incorrect interfacing.
PETNRDX
What radios do you own?: Too many

Post by PETNRDX »

That model number should be an 8 channel GM300.
You can't "program" the accessory connector as you could on an 16 channel ( or more ).
Pin 8 is RUS going LOW only. Can't be changed.
With a mic dummy plug ( or a mic "on hook") the RUS is for both PL valid and carrier.
The other accessory pins should be:
2 Mic audio
3 PTT
5 Flat TX audio ( instead of Mic )
7 GND
11 Discriminator audio
Steve K.
eagle844

Post by eagle844 »

Wow, Thank you so much for all the input. We got it working.

Thanks for all the help.

Mike

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”