Mip 5000 feedback and changing channels

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Millerradiotech
New User

Mip 5000 feedback and changing channels

Post by Millerradiotech »

I have been having an ongoing issue, and have ran out of Directions to look. I recently learned how to work with mip consoles for my job, and am by no means an expert. The customer wanted us to upgrade their PC's to windows 10. We did that and seemed it went smoothly.

After a week or two, They started saying that the radios would randomly change channels and "lock up". Troubleshooting showed that the firewall had not been fully disabled on one console. After fully disabling the firewall the problem happens far less often, but still happens. I have looked through the logs and it seems that the command to change channel is sometimes sent from the console without them clicking it. There are also times when the consoles did not send the change channel command and the radio just changes. It appears that the channel the radio is on becomes different than what the console expects and it freezes. This is happening on a couple different channels but only on one of the consoles. That is the best description I can give of problem #1 Any advice or pointers on where to look would be GREATLY appreciated.

Problem #2 is with audio. The consoles have extra sound cards installed for 4 monitor speakers and the normal selected/unselected. They are using enhanced jack boxes with deskmic or wireless headsets. The problem came when the customer asked me to fix the audio recorder. They record RX audio from individual radios and wanted to record TX audio. The TX audio recording comes from the port in the jackbox. The recording works, But as soon as I enable the recorder in the control panel it causes transmitted audio to be heard in the wireless headset. When the wireless headset is disconnected they can use the deskmic with no issues or feedback from the selected/unselected. If I dsiable the recorder (uncheck the box) everything works fine. So I can not figure out how and why it feeds TX/mic audio to the headset earpiece. Again ANY help would be greatly appreciated.
Millerradiotech
New User

Re: Mip 5000 feedback and changing channels

Post by Millerradiotech »

I found once source that seemed to be causing issues. I wanted to post it here for anyone else that has this issue.

After trying multiple revisions and databases I was having issues opening certain configuration files and databases. I opened the original database file in notepad++. I found that there were a few ages of the same repeating characters THEN the xml code. I started a new database from scratch. Saved it, and opened it in notepad++ and the characters were not there. Using the compare feature in notepad ++ I found spaces and random characters had been added during changes. I do not know what cause the extra characters or spaces.

I rebuilt a database file and verified with notepad++ that there were no errors. re-ran the configuration and reloaded the consoles. After doing this ALMOST all of the complaints about channel changing went away. It has not completely fixed the issue but does seem to have had some effect on it.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”