6809 trunking controller

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kc0sdu
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE

6809 trunking controller

Post by kc0sdu »

is there anyone on here who can do the codeplug for the smartnet 6809 smartnet controllers and burn it to the eeprom, i read on here somewhere there was some software out to do this and a prom burner was involved..id rather someone on here do it then have to get moto involved because they bawk when you say ya got a older controller.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: 6809 trunking controller

Post by escomm »

http://www.genesisworld.com/

Get your checkbook out.
kc0sdu

Post by kc0sdu »

21 Channel Capable System, price for each is $3,460.00.

28 Channel Capable System, price for each is $1,298.00.

MTC3600 System, price for each is $2,336.00

thats motos qoute with out my price i have partnumbers

would they be cheaper
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

My understanding was that Motorola wasn't making 6809 codeplugs anymore and sold the business off to Genesis. Perhaps I'm confused
N4DES
was KS4VT
What radios do you own?: APX,XTS2500,XTL2500,XTL1500

Post by N4DES »

escomm wrote:My understanding was that Motorola wasn't making 6809 codeplugs anymore and sold the business off to Genesis. Perhaps I'm confused
If I remember correctly, due to rebanding Moto had to start again....
kc0sdu

Post by kc0sdu »

yeah i had called them right after i did this post.
kc0sdu

Post by kc0sdu »

Yeah KS4VT your right, i did infact call Genesis and they quit doing it because motorola picked it back up again.
desperado
What radios do you own?: Motorola

Post by desperado »

If it's a rebanding change that is required due to the Sprint / Nextel rebanding that is going on in some areas then allow the Motorola ST that's assigned the project to worry about the programming changes. Here is the issue. 6809's are very unstable due to age, and taking one down and repowering it may be enough to crash it for good. We still have several that we are supporting in my service area and one typically creates major issues every time it's looked at funny.
Keith
CET USMSS
Field Tech
What more can I say
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Bumping an old thread

The major problems with 6809s are the capacitors. Electrolytics from the 90s. Where have we heard this before??

Replacing caps goes a LONG way to making trunking systems happy again. A customer of mine had me pulling my hair out with their system going apeshit and doing things it wasn't supposed to be doing. Replacing caps got rid of a lot of gremlins.
d119

Post by d119 »

escomm wrote:Bumping an old thread

The major problems with 6809s are the capacitors. Electrolytics from the 90s. Where have we heard this before??

Replacing caps goes a LONG way to making trunking systems happy again. A customer of mine had me pulling my hair out with their system going apeshit and doing things it wasn't supposed to be doing. Replacing caps got rid of a lot of gremlins.
Care to elaborate on the observed problems prior to replacing the capacitors? And I assume you replaced caps on all boards?
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Sorry to bump an old thread, didn't see D119's question way back when

Let's see here

System randomly fell into failsoft from time to time, and it would take a random number of resets to bring it back online

System would randomly not assign the next control channel at midnight and would jump down the list

RIB and TIB would randomly say a channel was disabled, resetting the button on the card would sometimes bring it back online, sometimes it wouldn't

Since my original post I've had exactly 0 service calls on this system. The capacitor replacement really got'er done

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”