Quantar resets on Page and Call alerts

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

p1350m
New User
What radios do you own?: Tait, Quantar

Quantar resets on Page and Call alerts

Post by p1350m »

Hey,

I have a Quantar that is resetting whenever I send a Call Alert or Page through it.

I ahve checked the status codes and get
"2012/05/26.16:01:57 2012/05/26.16:01:57 1 SC ROOT 510 SYS_RESET 16"

P25 transmission is fine.

I am new the quantar and need a bit of help to rectify this problem.
The Pager Geek
What radios do you own?: Disney FRS

Re: Quantar resets on Page and Call alerts

Post by The Pager Geek »

Firmware Revisions?
Experienced Provider of Useless Information
MassFD
Batboard $upporter

Post by MassFD »

Did it ever work

Look in the wildcard tables and see if there is any table that says RESET and has a qualifer TONE, your paging tones may be triping a TRC table.

What are the paging tone frequencys
Cause Motorola said so that's why
p1350m
New User

Post by p1350m »

I'm guessing the firmware does require updating.

I have only just aquired the Quantar.

Wildcard is disabled on the hardware config page, and there is no data entered on any of the three Wildcard pages.

Here is the Firmware Data:

Station Control F/W: R016.08.008
Station Wireline F/W: R016.08.003
Station Exciter F/W: R020.09.001

Do you think an upgrade may be required??
The Pager Geek

Post by The Pager Geek »

It needs updated firmware.

tpg
p1350m
New User

Post by p1350m »

Would an upgrade be something I should try myself if I obtained a later firmware file?
or, should I buy a later model Station control model off ebay?
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

Let's take a step back and review - paging tones reset the station. Quantars live, eat, and breathe paging tones. I'm doubtful this is a firmware problem. Do all tones, any tones reset the station, or just one specific set? You just acquired the station from where? What was it's past duty? Did they have this problem? How is the station controlled - by wireline or is it internal repeat? Did you get a warning about corrupted codeplug when you first read and wrote to it? If so, did you follow the procedure to exercise the eeprom? Are you using the older dos based rss, or the newer Windows version?
The Pager Geek

Post by The Pager Geek »

Bill - I'm guessing he is referring to digital page and digital call alert, not analog. The firmware being 16 has no idea what this is. The only other explanation would be MDC call alert / page and a SAM getting pissed off.

OP -
IF the SCM is upgradable, you can do it yourself.
IF the SCM is non-upgradable, I would recommend looking for an already P25 compliant SCM on ebay. Significantly cheaper than an upgrade.

tpg
K8TEK
"Dark Chocolate"
What radios do you own?: Dynatac

Post by K8TEK »

Bill_G wrote:Let's take a step back and review - paging tones reset the station. Quantars live, eat, and breathe paging tones. I'm doubtful this is a firmware problem. Do all tones, any tones reset the station, or just one specific set? You just acquired the station from where? What was it's past duty? Did they have this problem? How is the station controlled - by wireline or is it internal repeat? Did you get a warning about corrupted codeplug when you first read and wrote to it? If so, did you follow the procedure to exercise the eeprom? Are you using the older dos based rss, or the newer Windows version?
If you go back and read the original post, the quantar is resetting on paging packets, not paging tones.

The problem is 100% firmware related.
K8TEK::Tim
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

K8TEK wrote:
Bill_G wrote:Let's take a step back and review - paging tones reset the station. Quantars live, eat, and breathe paging tones. I'm doubtful this is a firmware problem. Do all tones, any tones reset the station, or just one specific set? You just acquired the station from where? What was it's past duty? Did they have this problem? How is the station controlled - by wireline or is it internal repeat? Did you get a warning about corrupted codeplug when you first read and wrote to it? If so, did you follow the procedure to exercise the eeprom? Are you using the older dos based rss, or the newer Windows version?
If you go back and read the original post, the quantar is resetting on paging packets, not paging tones.

The problem is 100% firmware related.
Doh!

Got it. P25 system messages et al.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”