Centracom II upgrade to Centracom Gold Elite (in my house)

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

emsbuff3240
What radios do you own?: Centracom Gold Elite, XTS5K 4K

Centracom II upgrade to Centracom Gold Elite (in my house)

Post by emsbuff3240 »

So, I have recently upgraded my Centracom II (OMI based) to Centracom Gold Elite.

The reason, I wanted to add more channels and was running out of room in the front end rack and wanted something to do. So, I acquired the COIM (thanks Rod Farva), the CIE (for $15 on eBay), found some newer BIMs, and a computer running Win 2k, after some pulling my hair out for a day or so it was MUPL'd and up and running. The system currently has 5 transmit resources including a T4/4R and 5 receive only resources. 2 more TX/RX coming when I get a couple more radios. Also an AEI running 4 old CC speakers behind the macbook. The punch block on the right and DC fuse block were originally designed for some zetron speakers. But those got scrapped because the Centracom ones ended up sounding way better.

None of the stuff was from the same system orginally, I had to piece everything together from various places but everything is working well!

A shot of the OP:

The original B&L

The original CEB:

The desk with the new setup

A shot of the OP:

The card cage as its being wired in

Punch blocks

The radios are all stacked up in the attic in no manner that I'm particularly proud of!

And as a disclaimer before anyone mentions it, I am licensed and/or authorized to transmit on anything that has TX enabled on it. ex Fire Dispatch module has a TX key just because it looks better but is just a receiver.

Hope you enjoy!
Last edited by emsbuff3240 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Jon
MassFD
Batboard $upporter

Re: Centracom II upgrade to Gold Elite (in my house)

Post by MassFD »

I know 2 people you should meet

# 1 is a buff from Nassau who would kill for that setup

# 2 makes you lie down when you talk to him

All jokeing aside, thats a nice setup. Now get up in the atic and clean up the radios
Cause Motorola said so that's why
Astro Spectra

Re: Centracom II upgrade to Gold Elite (in my house)

Post by Astro Spectra »

Every home should have one ...

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”