Looking for a free Microwave path calculator for 6 GHz. use

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jim202

Looking for a free Microwave path calculator for 6 GHz. use

Post by Jim202 »

Have lost my old standby microwave path calculator and am in need of a simple way to check out several 6 GHz. paths. Have run across a couple, but they either won't let me use them at 6 GHz. or they won't let me put in the waveguide losses, the transmitter gains, receiver gains and dish gains. They do seem to allow entry of Lat. and Log. to figure out path length and directions.

Any one have any suggestions?

Jim
Bill_G

Re: Looking for a free Microwave path calculator for 6 GHz.

Post by Bill_G »

You could try Cambium's (formerly Mot Canopy) Link Planner. Just register, and then download.
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

Bill_G wrote:You could try Cambium's (formerly Mot Canopy) Link Planner. Just register, and then download.

Went there and it is currently not available. No indication on when it will be available. One down side to their software is that it doesn't let you input TX power or receiver sensitivity. You have ti pick from their limited selection of models. That limits you on how flexible it is to trying to use it with other vendor radios.

Jim
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

If you just want a path study, and nor necessarily an accurate rsl at the band, use Radio Mobile.
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

Bill_G wrote:If you just want a path study, and nor necessarily an accurate rsl at the band, use Radio Mobile.

Thanks, I will try it when I am awake.

Jim

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”