GTR-8000 not going into repeat

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

2wayfreq
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: XTS5000 VHF, M-RK II UHF

GTR-8000 not going into repeat

Post by 2wayfreq »

Hi,
There is a weird issue with a few of our GTR-8000 Base radios. Base/Repeat is set to (Repeat) in the software. Keying up with the first HT but I'm only getting an RX light on the GTR. Testing with two HTs. I am not receiving any RX light or audio on the second receiving HT. The GTR is not transmitting out. Though it was maybe a corrupted codeplug so I used a similar archive and just changed frequency and tone to match, made sure it was on Repeat. Anyone ever seen this? Anything special need to be set in the GTR? Thanks
Radio Tech Troubleshooting Golden Rule #1: Check your connections
Jim202

Re: GTR-8000 not going into repeat

Post by Jim202 »

2wayfreq wrote:Hi,
There is a weird issue with a few of our GTR-8000 Base radios. Base/Repeat is set to (Repeat) in the software. Keying up with the first HT but I'm only getting an RX light on the GTR. Testing with two HTs. I am not receiving any RX light or audio on the second receiving HT. The GTR is not transmitting out. Though it was maybe a corrupted codeplug so I used a similar archive and just changed frequency and tone to match, made sure it was on Repeat. Anyone ever seen this? Anything special need to be set in the GTR? Thanks

Are you sure it ever worked?

Are you sure the CTCSS in the portables matches what the GRT-8000 programming is looking for to open the receiver? Time to put the service monitor on the GTR-8000 and see just what it is doing.

Jim
FMROB

Post by FMROB »

Is is in knock down or rpt off state?
2wayfreq
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: XTS5000 VHF, M-RK II UHF

Post by 2wayfreq »

Repeater is in Repeat/ Set Up mode. We talked to Customer Support. There appears to be some corruption going on in the codeplug that does not indicate any error when loaded or prevents it from not loading. Our other shop test GTR was loaded with the same codeplug and it also disabled the repeat capability. Tried to load another archived station codeplug and just change the frequency/PL but the problem is still there,even tried the factory code plug, no dice. I need to see if I can use SWDL to completely blow out and reset the station firmware and codeplug to factory status.
Radio Tech Troubleshooting Golden Rule #1: Check your connections

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”