Help with CW ID programming a Zetron ZR-340

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kato56

Help with CW ID programming a Zetron ZR-340

Post by kato56 »

When I try to program the CW-ID using cmd 25#, I can only input the first two digits and I get the program complete beep before I can complete the entire callsign then pressing the pound. Then when the repeater ID's, just the two digits go out. Tried different radios thinking the DTMF wasn't being decoded properly, but no joy. The other programming appears to work fine (courtesy beep, hang time, TOT, etc.)
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Jim202

Re: Help with CW ID programming a Zetron ZR-340

Post by Jim202 »

kato56 wrote:When I try to program the CW-ID using cmd 25#, I can only input the first two digits and I get the program complete beep before I can complete the entire callsign then pressing the pound. Then when the repeater ID's, just the two digits go out. Tried different radios thinking the DTMF wasn't being decoded properly, but no joy. The other programming appears to work fine (courtesy beep, hang time, TOT, etc.)
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

As a last resort, have you tried calling Zetron?

Jim
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

ZR-340 programming pdf

The instructions for that feature do look a bit tricky, and you may be running into a firmware revision issue that isn't discussed in the manual.
kato56

Post by kato56 »

Thanks for replying. I will continue researching and I appreciate your suggestions.
nukedude
What radios do you own?: Many Motorola's

Post by nukedude »

There have been many revision to this piece of hardware since 1994. Zetron Tech Support at 425-820-6363. That might be your best bet.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”