MTR 2000 Lock up

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

brinkjohn
New User

MTR 2000 Lock up

Post by brinkjohn »

We have 2 sites 15 miles apart that have MTR 2000 base stations. These 2 sites have the base station intermittently lockup. We have taken a MTR 2000 with the same type of site setup that has worked with zero issues for 5 years and put it at 1 of these sites. 2 weeks later the station locked up. We installed a known good UPS into this site that is known to work good with MTR 2000 base stations. Any ideas on what else this type of issue could be?
turtle9832

Re: MTR 2000 Lock up

Post by turtle9832 »

What do you mean lock? Shuts down and then wont boot? Continous boot? Is there a wireline? Did the good station lock up after plugged into the wireline at the site? Does the known good station work after being removed?

Need more info.
brinkjohn
New User

Post by brinkjohn »

What I mean by lock up is that the MTR 2000 will have the red light lit, and you can not read the station, will not TX, or RX. When you power cycle the station comes back working again.
turtle9832

Post by turtle9832 »

Hey man, sorry. lock up may mean one thing to one person and something different to another (especially to me when you mentioned swapping out the UPS).

We had issues along the same line as you are having with three MTR2000's. In one case, a firmware upgrade was the solution. On the two others, we built new codeplugs from the ground up. I will look when i get to work tonight, there was a bulletin on a known firmware bug when the stations got overwhelmed with work

I apologize if these possible solutions are underwhelming.
d119

Post by d119 »

Agreed. It is not recommended to do the typical "Read - Modify - Write" procedure with MTR 2000 stations. Motorola recommends always building a new codeplug in the RSS and programming the station with a fresh codeplug each time a modification is required. I've personally experienced more weird crap with these stations than I care to share. Strangest one thus far has been the station suddenly reverting to carrier squelch. Lots of fun in a voting system with law enforcement users, let me tell you. Co-channel was a taxicab company in another country (yes, country).

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”