RCH-3000 Deskset with MCS-2000 III setup issues

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

akrovers
New User

RCH-3000 Deskset with MCS-2000 III setup issues

Post by akrovers »

Hello all,

Quick question to the group about setup and programming the MCS-2000 to play nice with a group of RCH-3000 remotes. I see in the CPS that there is a "control station equipped" option under the radio wide section but it gives very little details on what this actually does. Is there any other setting in CPS that are important I might be overlooking? The other thing I am trying to figure out is why the remotes will fail 01/90 unless everything in the system from the radio to all the remotes must be powered up at the exact same time? I believe im using the CDN1337 junction box that is specific to the RCH 3000, all my cables to the RCH's are flipped. The junction is setup for MCS, all RCH units are slaves with MCS selected. One thing ive seen pictures of other CDN-1337 units is a RJ-45 jumper on the back of the unit connecting the host to guest ports. Is this required if there are no other junction boxes used? Strait cable or flipped?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matt
W3AXL
What radios do you own?: an unhealthy amount of them

Re: RCH-3000 Deskset with MCS-2000 III setup issues

Post by W3AXL »

I would be looking for the same information, as you saw in my other thread. I could get a single RCH3000 to connect to the radio via the junction box's host port but anything connected to the front jacks wouldn't be detected by the radio.
akrovers
New User

Post by akrovers »

Did you have a jumper between the HOST and GUEST ports in the back when you were trying the front jacks? what was the remote doing if anything?

Thanks
Matt
akrovers
New User

Post by akrovers »

heres a link to a picture of a unit with jumper installed

https://municibid.com/Listing/Details/1 ... 4-LOT-384Q
W3AXL
What radios do you own?: an unhealthy amount of them

Post by W3AXL »

I had one remote in the host port and one remote on one of the front jacks. RCH was acting like it couldn't find the radio. I'm thinking now that if you need to have a jumper between Host and Guest that was probably one of my issues.

The RCH3000 really suffers from a lack of proper documentation. The manual leaves a lot to be desired in terms of troubleshooting and theory of operation.
akrovers
New User

Post by akrovers »

I couldn't agree more, I had everything working great on the bench and then installed everything and it ceased to function!!!! it took me a bunch of trouble shooting and second guessing myself to realize there was nothing wrong with my wiring. Thats when I realized the power issue requiring everything to startup at the same time. I had to literally throw the 200 amp breaker on my house to make the system work. I know its not right but its the only way I can get the system to work. Clearly this is not how the system was supposed to be engineered.

Matt
akrovers
New User

Post by akrovers »

Can anyone else help?Any ideas would be much appreciated!!!

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”